Vol 1 - 2 New Life

Waking up, looking out the window I could see the sun rising.

'How beautiful.' To see the sunrise was one of the best things I could ask for. The way the light engulfs the world in its warmth.

I looked to my side, my room was big. At least big enough to fit ten people in here. There was a bookshelf filled with numerous books in it. From big encyclopedia books to fantasy stories.

I haven't grown to the age where I could escape my crib, but that doesn't mean that I haven't tried it before. I've slowly learned to control small parts of my body.

"Alex, let's go to the market today." My mom opened the door, she was dressed in casual wear, her light chestnut hair tumbled down her shoulders.

She reached into my cradle and brought me into her arms. "James! We're going out!" My mom yelled at my father who was training outside.

"Alright, but come back quickly." He whipped his sweat off with his towel as he turned towards us.

We headed out, riding the carriage towards the capital. As we walked through the marketplace I spotted countless interesting things that I've never seen before. Some that caught my eyes were different weapon shops while others were street performers who performed magic of all sorts. It was really spectacular.

"Whew, let's go back now." My mom said, taking all her bags of groceries with her to the carriage.

"Madam, please let me take it." The servant came over, taking the bags from my mom's hands.

"Is that fine? Won't it be heavy, the carriage is a great distance away." My mom said, sincerely with concern in her voice.

"It's alright, I have carried much heavier before." He assured her, taking the rest of the groceries from her hands.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the carriage. We stepped inside and sat down while the servant put all the groceries in the front seat.

After we arrived at our mini mansion after finishing our trip to the different stores. As we walked in, the servants greeted us and James came out of the library to greet us too. He took the bags from the servant's hands, "Nick, come help me prepare lunch." My father said to Nick as he followed him into the kitchen.

While James and Nick were in the kitchen my mom brought me into the library since she knew I loved it there. She held me tightly as she used her other hand to open the big doors that separated us from the library.

I tugged my mom towards one of the bookshelves about magic and mana manipulation. "Do you want to read those books? These books here are more interesting." She said, pointing towards the fantasy book section. I shook my head and used my secret technique- puppy eyes ninjutsu.

"Okay, okay. Let's grab a book from the MAMM section." She went over and grabbed one of the big encyclopedia books about mana manipulation. (MAMM = Magic And Mana Manipulation).

We settled down in one of the seats and started flipping through the encyclopedia, I know it's kinda weird but you know that no one can resist my cute puppy eyes. I still couldn't understand the language that well but I knew the basics of it. Spelling and grammar were never my thing so I had a hard time remembering and learning. I was like a super baby, with an overly matured brain.

In the first page it was titled 'What is mana' This book was split into 5 categories, first explains what mana is, second explains the core colors, third explains the different attributes that someone can use, fourth explains basic mana manipulation, and lastly, the fifth one teaches basic forms of magic depending on your attribute(s).

This book was basically a beginner's guide to the world of MAMM.

After a few hours of reading through the first section of 'What is mana' I got a pretty good idea of what mana is.

So to sum it up, mana is the spiritual life force energy, it can help heal and destroy, like a double-edged sword. Mana is all around us, anyone and anything can have some kind of mana in them. Mana is the cultivation or possession of power and energy, rather than the source itself. Mana can be described as air, it's all around us.

----

After we read the first section of the encyclopedia my mom decided that it was getting late.

"You need to go to bed now, it's getting late." Sophia shut the book close, placing it back to its original spot on the shelf.

I didn't want to go back but it was true that it's getting dark. I felt a bit of drowsiness wash over me as Sophia picked me up from the table.

We walked out of the library and into my bedroom. She placed me in my crib and pulled my blanket over me. Softly, she sang a lullaby, the melody was nice and peaceful. Slowly, I started to drift off into my dreams.