Vol 1 - 3 Cultivation

3 years later...

I've learned a lot about this world during my three years, I've practically stripped the MAMM shelf. Learning a lot, but I never thought of trying to actually do any cultivation during my three years of learning.

But that hasn't stopped me from thinking about it; I've never had anything such as magic and monsters in my old world, so this was something very new to me. I felt like a baby trying to learn to walk. I've thought of many different ways to cultivate, and some were more logical than others.

"Alex, come eat dinner." My mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay! I yelled back, putting the book I was reading back onto the shelf.

As I stepped out of my room, I could smell the alluring aroma coming from the kitchen. James stepped out of his room, taking his reading glasses off, which now dangled from his neck.

"Sit down, the food is ready." Sophia placed the pot on the table, opening the lid on the pot. As soon as she opened the lid, steam rushed out like clouds of smoke coming out from a fire.

I sat down in a seat right in front of my parents. Sophia passed out some bowls and ate utensils on the table. Grabbing a spoon, I filled my bowl with soup.

As I put a spoon full of soup in my mouth, the soup warmed my body up. The soup slowly traveled down into my stomach making my core feel warm.

I quickly drank the soup and ate some rice and headed back towards my room.

"Alex, slow down! You have plenty of time to-" Sophia was cut off as I closed the door shut behind me.

SOPHIA POV:

"There he goes again." James chuckled as Alex closed the door behind him.

"He's always too immersed in his books, I should've not read so many books to him." I shook my head in defeat.

"Well, he's just who he is, he was just born smart like his mother." James laughed as he stood up from his seat.

"Where are you going?" I questioned seeing him standing up from his seat.

"Back to training, I'm almost at my dark blue stage." He said as he opened the backdoor. I just shook my head and sighed, picking up the bowls, pot, and utensils from the table. I brought them to the sink and started washing them.

ALEX POV:

I rushed inside my room, grabbed the book I was reading from the shelf and flopped down on bed, beginning to read it again.

I flipped my book towards the "Basics of Cultivation" section and began inspecting the page. I have trained my brain and eyes to find important information and keep it inside my head, all the other useless information I left on the side.

'Cultivation - A way of meditating by absorbing mana into one's body then into their cores. There are two different passage ways for mana to travel through your body, one is called the alox while the other one is called the anfro. The alox takes the mana you absorb and stores it into your core. The anfro takes the mana in your core and converts the mana into magic.'

'When you're not awakened yet the anfro won't be "activated" basically meaning that the anfro won't be used. The anfro is the only passageway that allows the mana from your core to convert into magic. If ever your anfro is damaged it will make you unable to use magic so it's important that when you cultivate, you don't lose control of your mana flow.'

After reading that I wanted to try it out. There was a specific page where I taught us how to try and awaken ourselves but I don't think it would work for me. Since in my other world we did meditate but not for our mana core nor magic, it was only to make us more calm. I've wondered for a while if my way would work, so I gave it a shot.

Just like how I would normally meditate in my old world, I breathed in as much as I can, held my breath for 5 seconds, and breathed out all the air I built up inside my body. But since this world was different so I had to try and absorb the mana into my body while I breathed in.

I focused my mind only on the mana in my surroundings, I imagined grabbing all the mana and bundling them all up together. As I held my breath I let the bundle loose, making it slowly travel through my alox and into my core. Now letting out my air, I guided my mana inside my body out from my anfro and onto the palms of my hands.

As I condensed the mana together into my palms creating a light blue circular orb floating on top of my palms.

I released the mana into the air and it dissipated into thin air just like that. I let out a sign of relief and flopped onto my bed.

'I've done it! This was more complicated than I thought, It also took longer than I planned. I will need to practice more!' I pumped my fist into the air in excitement.