nine.

YELLOW" chapter nine

YELLOW
" chapter nine... "
( 💛, 🩹, 🐝, 🍋, 🍯, 📒 )

ELEANOR AND stiles lay side by side on her bed, with her legs dangling over his thighs. his thumb rubbed absentminded circles on the top of her thigh, drawing soft patterns on the covered skin. they'd been laid in a comfortable silence, until elle decided to break it.

"stiles, have you ever been in love?" his eyes widened slightly at the question, as her voice seemed to echo in his mind. he'd never thought about being in love, not properly anyway. he stopped his patterns for a minute, before picking them up again.

"i thought i was." eleanor took his words in her stride, with a small smile on her face. she wanted stiles to have been romantically happy at some point. his voice wavered slightly as he let on about his past love, and she extended an arm to rub his shoulder gently.

"who was it?" she asked quietly, not pushing him, but still wanting to know. her hand still rubbed his arm gently, as if comforting him to tell his story. he let out a sigh through his nose, lifting his hand slightly higher up her leg to run the exposed skin of her thigh.

"lydia. sophomore year. she didn't even know who i was, i was a total loser. i had a ten year plan for her to fall in love with me." he chuckled the last part, and eleanor joined in with the soft giggles falling from his lips. his mind could only focus on the chortles leaving her mouth.

"have you ever been in love?" stiles asked, his eyes trained on the ceiling. she shook her head, forgetting that he couldn't see her non verbal reply. she scoffed gently, until she realised that that didn't exactly answer his question either.

"no, i haven't. i want to fall in love, and have a romance story like one of the greats." stiles smiled fondly at the girl, sitting up and gently pushing her legs off of his thighs. she didn't follow, instead just closed her eyes and smiled softly.

"like romeo and juliet?" he said quietly, watching her as she lay with her hair spread across her bed and her eyes closed, lips slightly parted as she listened to him. he couldn't take his eyes off of her. she looked so ethereal and peaceful laying there in front of him.

"you know they both die, right? i wasn't really planning on dying at seventeen. i meant more like noah and allie in the notebook." she said, as he took in her words. he knew she lived that movie, based on the three copies she had, and the poster of ryan gosling on her wall.

"i want one like leia and luke. they fought for each other constantly." ha smiled softly, falling back onto the bed with his head in her lap. her hand went into his hair, softly rubbing his scalp with the tips of her fingers. he groaned in content, loving the feeling of her fingers working his head.