eleven

I couldn't help the hurt that infiltrated my heart when Asher left me for Layla

I couldn't help the hurt that infiltrated my heart when Asher left me for Layla. I mean honestly I can't blame him, I'm the one who has to keep reminding myself that he has a girlfriend. I seriously have to learn to control myself, it's not fair to Layla.

The best thing for me now is to go find Bennett, he'll help keep my mind off of Asher.

God, it sounds like I'm using him. I actually do really like him. I mean who wouldn't, he sweet, caring, and he's funny. And the best part is, he's actually single.
I scan my eyes around the gym trying to find him.

A smile grows on my face as I see him standing in the back of the room talking with Chris. As I start to walk over there, his eyes meet mine and they widen slightly. Quickly, he went back to his calm demeanor. The movement was so sudden that any normal person wouldn't have noticed it. However, I'm not very normal.

As I walk up to them they immediately stop talking in the middle of their conversation.

That's odd.

I decide not to comment on it. As I'm about to say something I hear someone start to yell.

"Seriously dude? You have a lot of nerve stepping to my girl right now."

Oh no. I know that voice.

I turn around to see Asher, Spencer, and Layla all in what look's like to be a heated argument.

This is not good.

Forgetting about Bennett, I hurriedly make my way over to the three of them.

"Look, I ain't trying to fight with you boy." I hear Spencer say as I approach them.

This just seemed to make Asher more mad. "Well maybe you should've thought about that before you made a pass at Layla."

"I didn't mean for it all to go down like that." Spencer says remaining calm.

Asher gets in his face, "Well it did. But that kiss didn't mean anything to Layla. So how about you stop stalking her, because you were just a mistake."

At this point Spencer starts to get mad and I figure its my turn to step in. I guess Coop had the same idea because as I walk up to Asher I see her walk up to Spencer.

It's a little irritating to me that Layla didn't say anything considering it's not all Spencer's fault. I mean she kissed him back. But I guess I'm not any better.

I lightly grab the back of Asher's shoulder getting his attention. "What was that all about?" I ask gently.

Instead of reacting how I thought he was going to, he roughly shakes my hand off of him and looks at me in distaste. "Lay off Carter. This doesn't involve you."

I guess Bennett followed me over here because the next thing I know he's in front of me and gently pushes me behind him shielding me from Asher.
"Hey man, chill out."