seven

Waking up this morning proved to be the hardest thing ive had to do in a while

Waking up this morning proved to be the hardest thing ive had to do in a while. Last night was amazing. Sure it got pretty sad towards the end but Asher and I really seemed to connect. Something was different between us now.

Hearing my phone go off I roll over to my dresser to check who texted me. Looking down at the screen I see a new message from Asher himself.

Good morning sleeping beauty.

Smiling like an idiot I send a simple good morning back before putting my phone back down. I practically force myself out of bed letting out  a loud groan as I do so. Turning to face the mirror I see the astrocity that I sadly get to call my hair standing up in all different directions on top of my head.  This is going to take a lot of work. Sighing to myself I start trying to tame my hair and get ready for the day.

••••••

The drive to school this morning was pretty uneventful if I do say so myself. Well except for the occasional snarky remark from Jason but besides that it was the same as every day. Currently, I am walking to my first period of the day, English with Mrs. Hall.

Just thinking about Mrs. Hall makes me shiver. That woman is practically satan reincarnated.
Just as I'm about to turn down the hallway I crash into a huge wall making me fall straight on my ass.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I hear a deep voice frantically apologize to me. And the next thing I know there's a hand being stuck in front of my face offering to help me up.

Without looking up, I take his outstretched hand pulling myself up, "Well considering I dont have a concussion yet I'd say that's a win in my book." I say sarcastically brushing the dirt off my jeans.

Immediately I'm face to face with big brown eyes looking like at me like a lost puppy. His tall frame towers over me as I subconsciously rake over his appearance. Small moles are littered across his face as a worried expression takes over his mouth. He's wearing a dark blue flannel over a plain black t-shirt paired with dark blue jeans. However, the best part of his outfit is his shoes. He's wearing the same pair of black converse that I wear religiously. Instanstly, I know that I've never seen him before. He must be new becuase I certainly would have remembered a face like that.

"I can not believe this just happened. Are you sure you're okay? I wasn't looking where I was going, I really need to be more careful." He rambles breaking me out of my embarrasing stare.

My cheeks start to heat up from practically cheaking him out as I stutter, "N-no I'm fine it wasn't your fault everyone always tells me I'm a klutz."

Taking notice of our grip on each other still, he immediately retracts his hand shoving them in his front pockets as a blush takes over his cheeks and looks down at the ground.