six

I've been in the car with Asher for about twenty minutes and he's yet to tell me where he's taking me

I've been in the car with Asher for about twenty minutes and he's yet to tell me where he's taking me. And every time I ask him I always get the same thing.

"Relax Carter. Just trust me."

It's not that I don't trust Asher because I actually fully trust him which scares the absolute hell out of me considering how little time I've known him for. I just can't help it, there's something that pulls me to him. It's like no matter what I'm always drawn to him. And I try, god do I try, to stay away from him for Layla's sake. Or at least I try to keep my thoughts at bay for her sake but I can't help it. It's like gravity pulling me to him. And it doesn't necessarily help the fact that I'm stuck in a car with him right now going god knows where.

Not daring to look at him I speak up, "I really don't see what the problem is in telling me where we're going. You should known I'm not one for surprises. I actually really hate being surprised. It makes me feel nauseous. One time Spencer and Coop tried to plan a surprise party for my birthday and Spencer ended up with a black eye. Needless to say they never tried to surprise me again."

Asher laughs at my rambling breaking me out of my thoughts about what Ms. Grace likes to refer to as the cupcake incident of 2012. "It's a good thing we're here then isn't it."

Snapping my head in his direction I see him exiting the car. He walks over to the passenger side opening the door for me as I just gawk at him.

He's cute and he's got manner. I'm screwed.

"Well are you coming or are you just going to sit there and stare at me the whole time." He smirks waiting for me to move.

Shaking my head grumbling to myself I follow Asher down to a path that leads to the woods.

"Okay I know I made that comment about you killing me and all but I hope you know I was joking. I really don't feel like dying tonight. Maybe tomorrow but not tonight. I mean you could've at least given me a heads up and then I could prepare myself to get killed." I say in one breath.

Asher just laughs at me and shakes his head as he reaches down to grab my hand.

"I hope you know if I was planning on killing you I would've done it ages ago." He smirks teasing me.

I freeze.

He's holding my hand.

I think I actually stopped breathing.

Oh my god. What do I do?

Get it together Carter! Quit acting like a lovesick puppy. It's just Asher Adams. No big deal. If I keep telling myself that it's no big deal then maybe I'll be able to stop my hands from calming up. Yeah that's it. I'll do that.

Not knowing what he's doing to me Asher gives my hand a little squeeze and starts to pull me along with him down a path.

Oh for the love of everything that is holy please give me the strength to make it through tonight.