sixteen

According to Jason we needed to have some "sibling bonding time" as he likes to put it

According to Jason we needed to have some "sibling bonding time" as he likes to put it. Which is basically his way of saying he needed to get out of the house.

We decided to meet Spencer and Dillon at the park so we could all have "sibling time" like we used to do.

Before Spencer moved to Beverly him, Dillon, Jason and I would go to the park every Saturday and just hang out. The boys would play basketball and I would be able to read my book in peace and quiet.

As Jason and I walk up to the park we see Dillon, Spencer and Layla.

I internally groan at her presence. I know I went with her to go talk to Asher the other day but that doesn't mean we're automatically best friends. I did that for Asher not her.

"Hey guys." I say gaining their attention.

"Jason!" Dillon runs jumping on him.I can't help but roll my eyes. I thought I was the favorite.

"Hey little man," Jason laughs as he holds him on his back before turning to me and sticking his tongue out.

As I walk up to Spencer and Layla on the bench I catch something out of the corner of my eye.

"Is that Coop?" I voice my thoughts.

Spencer turns his head in the direction I'm looking at before sighing. "We should probably go home."

"Dude we always have to leave early." Dillon whines from his place on Jason's back.

"I can keep him company at the hoops if you want." Jason offers.

Hesitantly, Spencer meets my eyes. "Will you and Layla go with them?"I nod my head confused that he doesn't want me to go talk to Coop with him but agree anyway.

Spencer pushes up from the bench telling Dillon to behave before walking over to Coop.

"He'll be fine." I hear from beside me.

Looking at Layla I sigh, "He's not the one I'm worried about."

We fall into an uncomfortable silence with tension hanging in the air as I watch Dillon beat Jason in a one on one game.

"I didn't get the chance to thank you for coming to talk to Asher with me." Layla says making me take my attention off the pathetic excuse of a game in front of me.

"I know I'm probably not your favorite person but it means alot."

"I didn't do it for you." I softly admit looking at my frayed shorts.

I would do anything for him and that's what scares me.

"Feel free to tell me if I'm overstepping but what's going on with the two of you." She asks with a confused tone to her voice.

I don't really know how to answer that. The easy thing to say would be that there's nothing going on with us and that we're just friends but we all know that would be a lie. But I also want to try things out with Bennett I really like him.

Layla takes my silence as an answer. "It it makes you feel any better you guys are really cute together."

That doesn't make me feel any better. Like at all. Actually it makes me feel worse. But the thought was there.

I can't take any more of the attention on me so I need to change the topic as quickly as possible.

"What about you and Spencer? How's that going?" I ask trying to deflect her off of me.

She leans back on her elbows and sighs. "It's going good."

"But?" I ask sensing it coming.

"But I'm tired of keeping it a secret."

I shrug my shoulders, "Then don't keep it one. If there's anything I've learned its that a secret never stays one for long."

She nods her head not having anything more to say.

"I haven't seen him this happy in a while." I start as I stare out into the sky lost in my own thoughts.

"Please don't break his heart."