Chapter one: Quirkless

Not everyone is born equal. Izuku learned that at the very young age of 4 when he discovered that he was "quirkless". You probably don't know what I mean so let me explain. A quirk is some sort of unique power or superhuman ability held by around 80% of the population. From super strength and speed, to flight, to being able to shoot fire or lightning out of one's hands, the possibilities are endless. Seemingly overnight the supernatural became natural and our society changed.

Some people would use these powers for evil and their own selfish interest and thus quirks became a highly restricted and supervised factor in today's society but that didn't stop them. Heros rose up to combat these villains with their own quirks and became our champions.

However not everyone is so lucky. The other 20% are dubbed "quirkless" meaning they don't hold any special power and are just normal, ordinary people. For these individuals life became worse quickly as they were seen as weak and worthless. Izuku was one of these people and today I will share his story of how Izuku Yagi overcame his chains and showed society just how strong the quirkless can be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry kid, It's not going to happen." The doctor explained to the young green haired child in front of him. The boy dropped his action figure of the 1# hero All Might in shock, unable to process what he just heard.

"Are you sure? Is there some explanation as to why?" The boy's concerned mother, Inko Yagi, asked as the boy's sister, Izumi Yagi, sat in her arms, held tightly by her loving mother.

"Ma'am can you tell me what your and your husbands quirks are please?" The doctor asked.

"Well I can levitate objects while my husband can stockpile energy." Inko explained to the doctor as she demonstrated her quirk, picking up the All Might action figure off of the ground.

"When quirks first appeared, multiple studies were conducted in order to find the cause of these miraculous powers and abilities. Soon a link was discovered in the foot of the individuals tested. It seems that quirk users have a more streamlined version of the human body and only have 1 joint in the pinky toe on their foot. This is also the case for you and your daughter but your son has two joints, indicating he still has an "unrefined" body suggesting that he most likely will not receive a quirk." The doctor explained while showing x-rays of the family's feet.

"Well on the bright side, it seems your daughter is not quirkless and possesses a similar quirk to you." The doctor exclaimed with a smile.

"Yaaay! Did you hear him mama? I have a quirk just like you!" Izumi exclaimed happily while raising her arms in the air.

"Yes I did dear. Now you can be just like All Might when you grow up." She said happily while spinning with Izumi in her arms as she cheered.

The two laughed and cheered while Izuku sat on his chair just processing what was happening.

"Mama, is it bad that I didn't get a quirk?" The boy asked, attempting to hold back tears successfully.

Inko didn't hear Izuku or perhaps she did and chose to ignore him but the fact remains that Izuku quickly realized that he was alone. The 3 returned home to meet their dad and husband, Toshinori Yagi, also known as All Might but the siblings were still unaware.

"Honey! Kids! How was the doctor? Did you guys get your quirks confirmed?" He said as he crouched down to meet the kids at eye level and patted both on the head.

"Izumi has a quirk similar to myself but Izuku is quirkless." Inko said, not even batting an eye at Izuku as he looked at his father teary eyed.

"Would you look at that! My little girl has a quirk like mama!" He shouted, picking Izumi up and throwing her in the air to which she cheered, leaving Izuku on the ground.