Chapter three: Training

Izuku returned to his room and sat on the bed, thinking about what had just happened. He couldn't believe his parents. To think that after years of torment and neglect they would suddenly start to care again out of nowhere? He was angry. Beyond angry, he was furious. Eventually in his rage he tired himself out and he passed out on his bed. The next morning he awoke earlier than usual. Everyone else was still asleep.

He quickly got ready for school and left before anyone could stop him, including skipping breakfast just to leave quicker. He didn't want to even be near his family anymore, let alone speak with them.

On his way to school, he decided to take a detour in order to clear his thoughts. He passed through a more run down part of town. After a few minutes of walking he had to turn into an alleyway to get back onto the main road to school but he was approached by a man in a jacket with the hood over his face.

"Hey there kid... What're you doing all the way out here alone?" The guy said, with a smirk evident on his face as he spoke in a tone of amusement.

"I'm just... going to school..." He replied, not showing much emotion.

"That's a nice backpack you've got there. You wouldn't mind if I borrowed it would you?" He said while pulling out a knife.

Izuku's eyes widened at the blade. While deep in his thoughts he didn't even realize that he was in danger. His first thoughts were to run or fight back but then he remembered everything that was said to him.

"You can never be a hero!"

"It's just too dangerous."

"You're lucky you have me to protect you or else you'd be dead. After all you're only a quirkless nobody."

Izuku immediately calmed down and just handed his backpack over.

"Here..." he said in a calm but noticeably sad tone.

"Thanks kid! You're a hero you know that? Now run on to class! Wouldn't want to be late!" The man laughed as he walked away.

Izuku walked off and eventually made his way to a main street as he headed for school.

"They're right. All of them. I'm so weak and useless..." He thought as he walked, beating himself up meantally as some tears dropped to the ground.

"But it wont stay that way forever!" He thought, wiping his tears. "I WILL become stronger and I'll prove them wrong! Quirkless people can be just as strong!" He thought as he made his way to class.

School itself was more of the same but there was a noticeable difference. Izumi and her friends, including Bakugo, didn't bother him today. He was still bullied by the other students but if it got too bad Izumi would actually step in and help him. This just made him even angrier as what she said kept playing in his mind.

"You're lucky you have me to protect you or else you'd be dead. After all you're only a quirkless nobody."

"YOU'RE LUCKY YOU HAVE ME TO PROTECT YOU OR ELSE YOU'D BE DEAD! AFTER ALL YOU'RE ONLY A QUIRKLESS NOBODY!"

Every time Izumi stepped in his rage grew but he never said anything and just kept his head down the entire day. It took everything in him not to snap and alarm his classmates. Once again school was finally over and Izumi was waiting by the school gate for Izuku patiently but with a worried look on her face.

"Izuku! Come on we need to get home!" She shouted

Izuku didn't respond. He couldn't understand her sudden change in attitude towards him. From being the worst person in his life to kind, sweet and caring overnight. As they got closer Izuku just walked past her, heading in a different direction in order to avoid her.