Chapter thirteen: Ambush

It was time. The weekend was over and their trip to the USJ was about to begin. Class 1-A stood outside near a parking lot waiting for Mr. Aizawa to arrive with a bus in order to transport them to the facility.

The class mingled, talked and gossiped but not Izuku. He was silent, although for a reason that was new to him. He was worried. That feeling from his Friday night patrol hadn't dissipated, in fact it only grew. He had tried to patrol Musutafu at night again, the day after and the day after that, and once again found no criminals, aside from a mugger which he swiftly apprehended and tied, before alerting authorities to the criminals location.

Not only that but he couldn't shake another feeling he had. It was technically the same feeling of dread, although it was for a different reason and it only surfaced today. When he walked into class everything seemed okay, aside from Bakugo threatening to murder him the second he came in only for Aizawa, who was coming in right behind him which he didn't notice, stopped him before something could happen. After the class was seated and addressed for the days plan, his eyes glanced at Midoriya with a certain glint in them. He didn't know if he was just imagining things but for some reason he just can't shake off the thought that Aizawa might know.

He was for better or worse, pulled out of his thoughts by his sis-, no. She wasn't his sister anymore. Eri was his sister and he was proud of that. This person was merely a classmate who he wanted no connection with.

"H-Hey there I-Izuku..." Izumi said softly as she approached with Shota in tow.

"I... I just wanted to let you kn-know that Bakugo s-should leave you al-lone now... I t-talked with him... A-about e-earlier..." She managed to get out. She was probably referring to when Bakugo tried to shove a grenade, also known as his hand, up his ass and then then blow him up over his suspension and detention.

"Wow." Izuku thought. "She must be really scared of me now. Not exactly what I was aiming for but not something I'm going to fix. If anything it's a taste of her own medicine. Now she knows how I felt for years on end." He finished in his head before he scowled at Izumi, which she took as a sign as acknowledgment.

"L-Lets do our best t-today alright?" She asked with a shaky voice and half-heartedly raising her fist in the air. When she didn't get a response, she spun on her heels and walked away as quickly as she could without fully running.

"Well that just happened." Izuku deadpanned, before glancing at Shoka, still scowling but it was lesser. "And what do you want?" He asked, slight anger and disgust lacing his words.

"I..." She started before stopping. It was clear she was nervous but after a moment it looked like she managed to harden her resolve. "Do you think you could... forgi-" She tried to say but was cut off.

"No." He said, not at all interested in even entertaining the idea.

"Bu-" She tried again.

"No." He reinforced his answer.

"Pl-" She tried a final time in a pleasing tone, her resolve wavering.

"NO." He said again, this time with more authority behind his answer, leaving no room for argument. "They don't deserve my forgiveness. Not now, not ever." He stated firmly.

"Wh... What about... What about me?" She asked, clearly terrified of even asking this question directly. For a second it looked like Izuku was personally offended, which she would not blame him for. After that his look calmed slightly and he looked in thought, before his anger filled scowl returned after which he looked away, not giving her an answer. Before she could try to pry, she heard a bus horn and saw that Aizawa had arrived. As they boarded she was slightly relieved by one fact. "At least he didn't say no." She thought, a slight smile gracing her lips.