Chapter seven: Securance

A/N: Alright my vacation is over and my schedule should be back to normal. Sorry about the inconveinience and I hope you forgive me xD! Anyways I hope you enjoy the next chapter and once again if you'd like to give feedback I'd be more than happy to receive!

Izuku had made his way home with Eri after his battle with Overhaul, traversing the rooftops in order to remain unseen as his battered appearance would cause suspicion. Izuku opened the door to his newly rented apartment and sent Eri down onto the ground.

"Don't worry Eri... You'll be safe here... I promise..." He said, in between pants as he was exhausted and heavily injured.

Or that's what he thought at least. After the first few deep breaths, he took in his situation and noticed he wasn't as fatigued as he should be. The pain from his injuries was gone as well, prompting him to look down at his supposedly bloody and cut up body, only to find no injuries, aside from the scars he had earned from past battles and... His "friends". He noticed that his clothes were still torn and battered but his wounds were gone as if they were never there. He looked at Eri who was still holding onto him like a lifeline and he noticed a faint glow in her horn which had also subtly grown compared to earlier.

"What was that...? Was this your quirk Eri?" Izuku asked, as he took off his hood and mask, while crouching to meet Eri at eye level. Eri opened her eyes and looked at Izuku and after a few moments, her eyes widened. She pushed away from him and seemed not just scared but terrified.

"Hey... Is something wrong?" He asked, subtly reaching out to Eri which made her flinch.

"I'm sorry! I-I... I'm sorry!" She mumbled in a hushed but panicked voice while she trembled and tears began to sting at the corners of her eyes. He didn't know what she did but he knew that it helped and so in order to try calming her nerves, Izuku embraced Eri in a tight but gentle hug as he whispered "Thank you Eri." into her ear. Eri began to panic and tried to break free from him, mumbling things like "I don't want to hurt you!" but after getting accustomed to Izuku's heat and the comfort he gave her, she began to tear up and melted into his hug while lightly crying. Izuku led her into his room and plopped her onto his bed.

"Are you hungry Eri? Are you tired? Or thirsty?" He asked, caringly. Eri nodded and Izuku patted her on the head with a smile. "I'll be right back..." He said as he left the room. Eri looked around the room. It wasn't as bright and colorful as her hold room but gave off a feeling of security she hasn't felt in a good amount of time.

Shortly after, Izuku returned carrying a knife, a red apple, a water bottle and a small glass of water. "I just moved in so I don't have too much right now. I hope this will do for now." He said as he continued to smile. Eri just couldn't wrap her head around it. Unlike all the other smiles of the men she had seen, this one seemed genuine. Eri then nodded at Izuku as he sat down next to her.

Eri flinched a little at the small knife Izuku held. Izuku noticed and asked "Oh I'm sorry did I scare you with this?" He asked, holding up the knife away from her. Eri nodded once again. "I'm sorry. Who knows what you've been through..." He said. He then quickly stood up and went to a nearby table, quickly cutting the apple into slices. After which he set the knife down and returned to the bed, once again sitting beside Eri as he put the apple slices on a plate for Eri.

"Here you go Eri. Eat up." He said with that same caring and happy expression. Eri stared at the apple slices in her lap for a while with stars in her eyes. She then picked a slice up and took a small bite out of it. She then made a small squeal and proceeded to eat the rest of the slice. Izuku then poured some water into her glass. As soon as Eri got her hands on it, she drank it all without stopping. "Well someone was thirsty huh?" Izuku said as he chuckled lightly while patting Eri on the head again.