Chapter six: Rags

A/N: Just a heads up, I'm going on vacation for spring break and so my publish schedule will be a little wonky for about a week and a half. I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow so I'm publishing this chapter a little sooner. The next chapter will be published a bit later although I'm not exactly sure when. After that my schedule should return to the standard every Saturday. Other than that I just wanted to say thanks for 2k reads and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku was absolutely enraged with his family. There were few things he wanted more than to never be around them. He finally decided that he would leave them to be alone. He had made some decent money from his vigilante work via looting villains during his patrols and so he decided he would try to rent an apartment closer to U.A.

He had found a small but nice looking and cozy place at an affordable price for him, but if he was to keep it long term, he knew he would need some sort of a stable income. After finalizing the deal and furnishing it, he was fairly satisfied with what he had. It was a two bedroom and one bathroom apartment with a kitchen, living room and even a small balcony. He also had a spare empty room and so he decided to turn that place into a makeshift gym. (The rest was basically his house in the original minus Inko's room which was empty.)

After getting settled in, he realized that he needed to update his address for U.A. and he also needed to go around town and look for a part time job of sorts, despite him being 15. He left his apartment with his mask and hood on, just in case he ran into trouble, not wanting his identity as "The Emerald Tempest" to be revealed. He took a liking to the name and decided that he would stick with it. "The Hero and Villain Hunter: Emerald Tempest." Has a nice ring to it, or so he thought.

He made his way into a quieter part of Musufatu he needed to pass through to get to downtown. He was walking along when he passed a dark alleyway and he heard some rustling. He stopped and peered into the alleyway as a young girl came running at him. She had white hair and a small horn sticking out of the right side of her forehead. She was dressed in rags and her hands were wrapped in bandages. She ran up to Izuku and hugged him tightly.

"Woah there... What are you doing out here all alone?" He asked as she held him tighter. He then noticed the bandages.

"Did you hurt yourself? What's with these bandages?" He asked, worriedly.

"Don't..." She mumbled.

"What do you me-" he wanted to ask but was cut off as another figure emerged from the shadows. He had a black tux shirt with a white tie, along with black trousers. He had a greenish coat with purple fur coat over the shirt and a mask resembling a bird's beak, along with short brown hair and amber eyes."

"I'm sorry about her. She's always running off. I hope she hasn't caused you any trouble." The man said. "Now come along Eri."

Eri trembled as he spoke. Midoriya would have let her go at this point but he recognized the figure before him. He looked back at Eri seeing how scared she was, decided to hold her a little tighter and stroke her hair.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay." He whispered into her ear. Eri seemed to calm down a little before Izuku turned to the man before him.

"You're Overhaul, The leader Shie Hassaikai." He stated.

"You're certainly well informed. If you're worried about me harming you then don't. Just return the girl and we'll forget that we ever met. What do you say?" Overhaul asked.

Eri tightened her grip even further as she whispered into Izuku's ear with a shaky breath "Don't... let him take me..." as tears made their way into the corners of her eyes.