She could be next

After a sleepless night full of fear, guilt and self-hatred, Cassie was glad that a new day had come, but she knew that it would be a rough day for her because she had made the hard decision to pay Brady a visit, she thought it appropriate to apologize to him in person no matter how hard and uncomfortable it would be.

Once Cassie arrived at the station, she  found herself unable to move from her seat. She was yet to plan what to tell Brady, she respected him and she knew he respected her when they met, so the thought of someone she admired losing respect for her due to her stupid actions broke her heart. After about ten minutes of sitting unmoved in her car she was able to muster enough courage to step out of her car and walk into the station building.

Once she was at Brady's door she saw that he was having a conversation with a girl that looked to be her age, she backed away about to leave, but she stepped forward again, deciding to rip off the bandage and apologize rather than being a coward. She knocked on his door and slightly opened it, she poked her head in so that she was visible enough.

"Hi," she cleared her throat and kept her gaze on his carpet which needed to be swept. "I'm sorry for disturbing you I can see you're busy and all but-- " before she could finish he cut her off.

"No, no, come in Cassie, I was actually hoping you'll show up today," he greeted cheerfully. She was relieved, he looked like he had already forgiven her. "There's someone I want you to meet, this here," he said motioning his hands to the lady in front of him "is my baby sister Tamara," he ended the introduction with a proud big brother smile. 

Tamara rolled her eyes at him. "Brady, I literally just turned twenty, when are you going to stop referring to me as a baby?" She stood up to face Cassie and gave her a warm smile.

"Hi, I'm Cassie," she  greeted in a small voice. 

"Trust me, I know who you are," she said and pulled Cassie in for a quick hug. "My brother has not stopped talking about how smart you are and how much you've helped him with this case." 

"Hmmm thanks Brady," she chuckled uncomfortably "but we make a great team, I couldn't have done anything without you," she stroked her arm gently.

"Come on Cassie, stop being so modest," Brady said.

"I'm not, really I couldn't have done any of it without you," she smiled shyly. "So Tamara, how come I've never met you before?" Cassie took a good look at Tamara and marvelled at how beautiful she was. She looked like one of those people you see on television, and hate them because of how beautiful they are, how loved they are, how wonderful their life looked, and how humble they seemed. She looked perfect. She had long blonde hair which she had curled, her eyes were blue like the ocean, dimples appeared on her cheeks whenever she smiles, and her smile, it was captivating. She was tall, very tall, and very slim, and she dressed very fancy in a mini dress and thigh high boots, as if she was dressed for a party. She also beared a strong resemblance to her brother who was equally handsome.

"I was a model for a while, so I was always away from home," she said with eyes filled with both joy and sadness. Her tone was very chirpy even when she looked sad. "But now I'm back to Freetown, Brady's making me go to University," she pouted. 

"That's great,  if you ever decide you want to go back into modelling let me know, my mum owns an agency and she's always bugging me to join, maybe if I bring someone to her she'll leave me the hell alone," Cassie rolled hr eyes.

Tamara placed her hands on her chest and smiled, "Aww thanks Cassie if I ever give up on University I'll come find you," she smiled. "It was lovely meeting you but I have to go, I start school tomorrow and I need to take care of a few things first," she gave Cassie another hug and for Brady, a peck on the cheek. "Ciao!" She said in a high pitched voice before strutting out.