CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

(UNEDITED)
📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝
It has been almost a month already since Caleb left and he kept his promise of calling everyday, he stopped at a town quite far away from Freetown and was doing very fine. He finally felt free and at peace and began his healing process. Cassie sat down in her living room clad in her pyjamas as she watched reruns of 'Friends'. She decided to start watching comedy to get some light in her life and help with her own healing process, it was already evening and she had been watching it all day.

She heard her doorbell ring and she got up to answer the door after pausing the show, she pulled open the door and was surprised to see the people standing before her. Phoebe, Danny, Jesse and Tucker but what surprised her the most is how they were dressed, they were dressed in formal beautiful clothing.

Phoebe had on a beautiful ruched white floor length dress and the boys had tuxes on, she soon remembered that it was the day of their schools annual winter ball, Danny had reminded her about it the day before but since she had no interest in going she completely forgot about it.

She had been anticipating that day for a long time but now she dreaded it, even if she went things wouldn't be the same. She opened the door wider and looked ahead to see if somehow Tyler showed up but to her disappointment he didn't. She was well aware that she was the one that asked for space and time but she strongly wished he came. Phoebe smiled at her weakly and walked in and the guys followed right behind her, as Danny was about to enter she stretched out her hands to block his entrance and she gave him a warning look, he easily picked up her hands and he placed its round his shoulders and he started walking and she reluctantly followed him.

"It's been a Month Cassie, it's time to end all this nonsense" he told her as they made their way to the living room where the rest of their friends were seated.

It had been a while since her friends were over to her place and so things were a bit awkward for her, Phoebe also looked extremely uncomfortable as she sat down both Tucker and Jesse seemed normal, it was like they were oblivious to the fact that she was mad at them.

She took a seat beside Danny and stayed there quietly as she waited for one of them to speak up.

"Cassie we've all done and said things to each other that are hurtful and inexcusable, we are all at fault and we've accepted our fault" Phoebe started "we've been best friends for a really long time now and it's stupid for us to let some crazy fight pull us apart"

"Yeah" Tucker spoke up "I'm sorry for how I treated you but things were just so messed up, Tyler told me enough things to make me hate you and I'm sorry" he apologized.

"We thought we were protecting you" Jesse said leaning forward "we were mad at you at first but later on Tyler made us think it was for the best, we didn't get it then but now we all do"

She looked at all of them guiltily for a moment before speaking "I'm sorry" she said softly "I'm being completely unreasonable and a total hypocrite, if one of you did what I did I'd probably be mad too. I should have stopped as soon as I started getting those threats or as soon as Matt...as soon as he died" she sniffed "when I was ten I had this friend Avril, she got killed unjustly and I've always blamed myself for her murder" she explained sadly " I could have done something to save her but I didn't, I've always wanted to be a detective but when she was killed my passion was ignited" she explained "I was so obsessed with this case because somehow I felt like I was doing it for Avril"

"I've been your best friend for years why didn't you tell me about this?" Phoebe asked with her voice breaking with a hurt expression plastered on her face.

"I knew that if I told anyone people will only tell me that I was young and it wasn't my fault, I didn't want anyone to tell me that it wasn't my fault because I know that I could have done something"