CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

This chapter is dedicated to iamarose126 thank you for all the support you've given this story right from the start, your comments have really encouraged me :)

(UNEDITED)

"We are gathered here today to honour a very special member of Freetown who has not only helped lock up a criminal but has also helped save the lives of young women who could have been victims" the Mayor proudly announced into the microphone standing in front of him.

It was a week after the arranged tragic shooting by Brady at the Freetown square which led to Mr. Bridgewoods death. The whole of Freetown was gathered at the Freetown square and Cassie was sat on the stage... The same stage Mr. Bridgewood was murdered on. The Mayor organized a celebratory ceremony in honour of her bravery and her work in helping lock Brady behind bars.

She sat on a beautiful regal looking chair placed on the high stage stage and glared at everyone with distaste. She loathed almost everyone there pretending to be happy for her they were the same people that fought for Caleb to be murdered, the same people who gathered at his execution with smiling faces and cheerful hearts, they disgusted her.

All she saw when she looked down were murderers, pretentious people, people who were careless and callous. If she hadn't arrived at Caleb's execution with her friends when she did, he would have been six feet under and the same people coming to celebrate her victory will be the same people dancing on her brothers grave.

"I'll like to call Miss Cassidy Meyer to the stage before we present her with her well deserved award" he announced gleefully. The whole crowd cheered and clapped their hands joyfully.

She smoothened the black lace dress she was clad in and made her way over to the microphone stand. She saw Danny in front of the crowd giving her an encouraging smile which she returned. She looked at everyone else in distaste she still hadn't fully forgiven them for what they almost did to her brother. She was well aware that they wanted justice to be served but their impatience almost cost her her only sibling who she loved dearly.

She cleared her throat and tapped the microphone before speaking "I could stand here with the same pretentious smile you all have on you faces but I can't bring myself to do that" she said impassively.

She got a lot of gasps and stares form people although most of them had guilt written all over their faces but she ignored them all

"the same people gathered here today in my honour are the same people who rejoiced at the idea of my brother being killed. I appreciate whatever award this town wants to present to me but I don't need it. All I ask is that the real killer: Brady Bauer will be given life in prison rather than execution. That is the only reward I need, the way this town deals with criminals disgusts me" she said through gritted teeth and a clenched fist "I don't need a street named after me or a gold medal or trophy all I want is what I've already asked for. Thank you" she said as she climbed down the steps of the stage.

Everyone in the crowd was awe struck they had expected her to bask in the glory of her achievement. This huge ceremony was organized just for her and almost everyone in Freetown was in attendance. People snickered and made rude remarks while others just looked at her to see if she had gone crazy but the majority of them had great guilt painted on their faces, they knew she was right and what they did was terrible.

She swerved her way through the crowd and made her way over to Danny "well that was an interesting speech" he teased as they moved away from the crowd.

She rolled her eyes playfully " I can't stand anyone here and I couldn't receive an award I didn't truly deserve, I mean you Phoebe, Jesse and Tucker helped too I shouldn't take all the glory"