Modus Operandi

Cassie drove to the station with much enthusiasm. She had never imagined her dreams coming true so soon. She had always thought she would have to first of all complete an undergraduate masters degree and then spend months looking for a job before she would have the experience which Brady offered her, somehow she was lucky enough to get the opportunity while still in high school.

She walked into the station this time with more confidence, she saw the same officer from the day before behind the desk and he nodded at her and continued with what he was doing, he treated her like she belonged there, and she felt like she did. She remembered the way to Brady's office so she walked there and knocked once she was at his door. 

"Come in," she heard him say from the other side of the door. She gently opened the door and shyly poked her head in. 

"Hello Cassie," he greeted with a lively smile plastered on his face. He wore a black shirt with the two top buttons undone, he rolled his sleeves to reveal his hairy lower part of his arms. He was typing fast on his laptop and a notepad was opened in front of him.

"Hey Brady," she said looking around awkwardly

"You seem nervous," he said, with concern laced in his tone and facial expression. She sat upright and pushed his laptop to the side to give Cassie his undivided attention.

"Yeah a bit," she averted her gaze to his table.

"Are you having doubts about doing this?" he twirled his pen around as he spoke.

"God no!" her eyes widened as she frantically shook her head. 

"Alright, don't break your neck trying to convince me," he laughed.

"It's just that I don't know where to begin. . . what to do," she said, flushed.

"Why don't you start by looking at some of the victim profiles, I haven't had time to do that yet."

"Of course I'll help, maybe I'll see something that the cops haven't noticed yet." He nodded and handed her the files which he retrieved from his desk drawer, and motioned for her to take a seat on one of the chairs opposite his.

"Make yourself comfortable, and be sure to inform me if you find something," he said before returning his focus to his laptop.

She picked up the first file and looked at the major details of each victim. She brought out a pen and notebook from her bag and began to write down important information from each file. There was a lot of information written down about each victim and photos of their bodies at the crime scene were included. She felt as though she knew them personally, her heart got heavy as she read how they were murdered. As she read through the second and third file she began to notice shocking similarities which she wrote down.

Victim #1/4 - Carla Henderson

Sex: female

Occupation: Student/Teaching Assistant

Age: 20

Hair colour: Blonde

Eye colour: Blue

Date of murder: June 13th, 2014

Location: at the scene of a party organized by her twenty-four-year-old cousin. A  burned rose placed in her hair.

Victim #2/4 -Bianca Matthews

Sex: female

Occupation: Cashier

Age: 20.

Hair colour: Blonde

Eye colour: Blue

Date of murder: July 13th, 2014.