CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

This chapter is dedicated to percabeth1223 for all the amazing support you've given me and for all your comments, thank you!

Oh and last I checked this story was #27 in Mystery/Thriller so thanks so much.

(UNEDITED)

❤️

"Cassie, you remember!!" he screamed in excitement through the phone causing her to instinctively pull the phone away from her ears.

She placed it back on her ears when she couldn't hear his scream anymore "You almost burst my eardrums" she scolded as she massaged her ears slightly.

"So who is the killer?" He asked excitedly.

"I don't know" she replied softly.

"What do you mean you don't know? You just said you remember"

"I think I remember how I got to the killer, I think I can lead us to where I found him, it was at an old abandoned warehouse" she explained "a few things are coming back to me, I remember following someone to that warehouse but I don't remember who"

"So what do we do now" he asked, crestfallen.

"I want you to come over, don't park your car in front of my house park at a distance and I'll sneak out to meet you, my bodyguard wouldn't even let me look out the window" she said rolling her eyes. "She thinks I'm sleeping so she won't be so alert, I'll sneak out through my balcony door"

"I'm on my way, I'll call you once I get there" he said and he dropped the call.

She kept pacing about her room impatiently more flashes were coming to her but nothing to clear, she remembered being chased, memories of the crash started coming back to her but she found it hard remembering the most important thing, who the killer was. But she knew that just knowing who the killer was wouldn't do much good, she needed evidence that she knew she would get at the warehouse. Her phone rang after ten minutes of her impatient wait for Danny.

"Are you here?" She whispered

"Yes, I'm right under your balcony be quick I think I saw your bodyguard outside so be careful not to make too much noise"

"Alright I'll be there in a few" she said as she hung up.

She tiptoed over to her balcony window and slowly slid it open, when her fingers came in contact with the cold glass door an unpleasant memory flashed through her mind. The memory of the day the killer was on her balcony haunted her she remembered how he wrote Danny's name in bold bloody letters on the glass door and how he called to threaten her. She shook out the memories and quickly shut the door and slowly climbed down using her spiral wooden staircase that was right beside her balcony.

"Let's go" Danny said as soon as she was on the ground

"Where did you park?"

"Ten minutes away" he said as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Danny do you not see this heavy wind, why would you park ten minutes away?, oh my gosh I'm freezing here. It's frigid out here" She complained as she hugged herself tightly.

"If you're too tired I'll carry you"

"No I won't let you carry me" she said stubbornly but before she realized what was happening, he had already scooped her up in his hands and was carrying her like a sac. "Danny put me down" she said as she hit his back playfully.

He dropped her back on the ground "now will you stop complaining?"

"Yes" she grumbled as she folded her hands under her chest.