The long wait

This chapter is dedicated to @nawwusulfi1 for constantly supporting my story and always looking forward to it :)

The ambulance came rushing to the scene of the accident only a few minutes after receiving a call from a panicked witness. 

Cassie's car was still slumped to the side and she remained unconscious with blood gushing out of the cut on her head. Her car door was jammed shut and her convertible top was over the car so they had to break the window at the back and climb through in order to gain access into the car, it was the safest and fastest way to rescue her. One of the men climbed in through the broken window while the others made sure the car was held up.

He climbed in and struggled with her seatbelt a bit, it was stuck, he pulled out a pocket knife and cut her free from her seatbelt. As soon as he was able to cut her, he slowly and carefully pulled her out of the destroyed car with the help of some other paramedics outside.

As soon as they brought her out, one of them pulled out her bag and cellphone that had fallen to the back in order to find out her personal information. The few people that were watching cheered and let out sighs of relief as soon as they saw her out safely.

They placed her on the stretcher, she was in terrible shape, she had cuts on her hands and legs, the most prominent being the one on her head. Just a minute or two after they pulled her out, the worst thing happened, her car burst up in flames, a minute or two delay could have cost her and possibly some people on the paramedic team their lives.

"She's loosing a lot of blood," one of the paramedics said "but thankfully she's still alive" he said as they loaded her unto the ambulance and started work on her, they strapped an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth and cleaned the wounds on her hands legs and head as they rushed her to the Freetown Hospital.

They arrived the hospital and immediately rushed her to the emergency room, there was a team of doctors there on standby waiting to save her life. The paramedics had already easily contacted her family with the help of her ID card and her phone, although Danny had already called her parents expressing his worry, he heard when her car crashed and when she didn't pick her phone up, he knew something serious had happened.

In a few minutes her parents came rushing through the hospital doors and ran over to the receptionist, it was a different receptionist this time.

"Cassie Meyer" her mum blurted out with a pounding heart.

"Where's my daughter" her father demanded impatiently.

"Please could you take a seat over there" the receptionist said politely, motioning her hands over to the waiting area "she's in surgery, she's barely been in there for twenty minutes"

Mrs Meyer dragged her husband to the waiting area and sat down on the front row, she tried to make him sit but he was impatiently pacing round the hospital. She called Danny to tell him that his suspicions were correct, she asked him to come over to the hospital because Cassie needed all the help and support from loved ones that she could possibly get.

Danny came rushing through the hospital doors alongside Phoebe just a few minutes after Mrs. Meyer called him. They spotted Cassie's parents in the waiting area and rushed over to them.

"How's Cassie?" Phoebe exclaimed "please tell me she's alright"

"She's in surgery" Mrs. Meyer said worriedly "we haven't heard anything yet," she said breathless.

"Dammit" Danny exclaimed "I wish I could do something to help her, I was on the phone with her when she had the accident, we were talking and then I heard screeching of cars and then a crash, I was so scared"