CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

THE THIRTEENTH DAY FINALLY HAS AN AMAZING TRAILER AND I'M SO OBSESSED WITH IT! THE TRAILER WAS MADE BY MY AMAZING TALENTED FRIEND MrsEveDylanObrien

So once again, this chapter is dedicated to MrsEveDylanObrien for the amazing trailer, she also made my cover! So thank you a trillion times!❤️ you should also check out her stories :) they're wonderful.

" What do you mean who are we, honey?" her mother asked gently trying to move closer to Cassie who kept on pushing herself further up the hospital bed.

"Why am I here?" Cassie asked in a breathy tone, with her eyes wondering around the room and everyone in it. "My head hurts," she squeezed her face and rested her head in her hands, moving about restlessly.

"You're Cassie," Danny said gently "do you remember that?" She nodded her head slightly, in response.

"Cassie I'm your mom?" Mrs. Meyer said in a shaky tone. "You were involved in a car crash a week ago, you fell into a short coma," she explained.

"Do you remember anything at all?" Danny asked.

"I see flashes of events but I can't make out what they are."

As they discussed, Tyler walked in with the doctor trailing closely behind him with a stethoscope around his neck and a clipboard and pen in his hands.

"She doesn't know who we are" Mrs. Meyer said in a panicked tone. 

"I see, could you please step outside while I examine the patient please?" the doctor said and moved to Cassie's side.

"So you mean she doesn't remember anything at all?" Tyler asked

"Only her name and who she is I guess," Danny said sadly.

"I was so relieved when she woke up from the coma, but my heart sank when she asked who I was, the way she looked at me with so much fear and confusion in her eyes" her mum said.

"Well at least she's awake, it doesn't matter if she can't remember anything, with time she'll create new memories"

"That makes no sense Tyler" Danny argued "don't you want her to remember you and all the fun times you two shared together?, her old memories can't just die, the things that happened in the past make us who we are"

"I know but I'm just saying that it's better than not having her wake up at all" he said defensively.

"You do know that Cassie knows who the real killer is right?, and if she never regains her memory then Caleb is a dead man" he said moving closer to Tyler and whispering, he didn't want Cassie's mum hearing that.

Before Tyler could reply the doctor walked out and they both averted their attention to him, her mother noticed the doctor emerge from her room and so she got up and rushed over to were they were.

"How's she" her mum asked as she quickly got up from the chair.

"From what I've seen, she has retrograde amnesia or it could be traumatic amnesia "

"What's retrograde amnesia?" Danny asked.

"Well in retrograde amnesia, the patient is unable to remember events from before their trauma, in Cassidy's case, her accident. They can forget things that happened decades ago or even months ago, it seems she's forgotten almost everything. The good news is that she can retain new memories normally."

"Will she ever gain her memory back?" Tyler asked curiously.

"These things are hard to tell, she could regain her memory but with time, it's a gradual process, I can't tell how quickly she'll be able to remember things from her past" the doctor explained. "But it is more likely to be traumatic amnesia it is caused by a hard blow to the head, especially in cases of accidents they usually go into a state of unconsciousness or a coma"