Rising Suspicion

Cassie strolled out of the visiting room still trying to wrap her head around everything that Caleb had told her, she believed him but still, she had known Tyler for three years, and believed in her heart that he was incapable of bringing harm anybody's way. He and Caleb had always been like brothers in school despite the fact that Caleb was older therefore she could not think of any reason for Tyler to betray him in such a major way. 

She was about to leave the station, but stopped once she caught sight of Brady pacing around the station looking impatient, he looked up and a look of relief came on his face once he saw Cassie.

"I'm glad you're out!" He exclaimed.

"Clearly," she said, amused "I wasn't in for that long Brady, why are you pacing about the station as though your wife were in labor?" She teased.

"It's Tamara," he said almost breathlessly.

Cassie's eyes widened and her hands automatically went to her chest that was beating rapidly. 

"She's awake!" he said with such great ardor "I'm scared to go see her, I'm scared that she won't be the same person."

Cassie breathed heavily "I understand that you're scared but she needs brave protective Brady right now."

"Could you come with me? You helped me the last time, I could really use your company, and if she's strong enough we could ask her some questions about who attacked her," he said.

Cassie's eyes shot up in excitement  "she could be the one to clear Caleb's name, if she gives her statement she can say if Caleb killed her or not." 

"Exactly!" He said excitedly.

They walked outside and they had to push past the crowd once more before they could get to Cassie's car. They ignored their hard questions and kept on moving until they were out of their sight.

"Why didn't we just take your car? It has a siren, we would have been out of there quicker" she asked.

"If we took my car you would have had to come back here alone to pick up yours, and I don't want you taking a bus or cab here" he said seriously as though he were her father "it's too dangerous with all the threats you've been getting."

"Wow! You're such a caring dad" she teased.

"Hey I'm not that old," he laughed.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're not," she rolled her eyes.

They spent the ride teasing each other to keep the atmosphere light and hopeful. They walked up the steps to the hospital but Cassie stopped as soon as she was faced with the revolving door.

"What's wrong?" Brady asked as soon as he noticed she was unmoved.

"The fact that Matt's lifeless body passed through this revolving door makes bugs crawl under my skin," she shuddered.

"You don't have to come in if you're not ready, " he said in the gentle voice one would use to talk to a crying child.

"No," she shook her head "I want to do this, I'm doing this for Matty, Caleb, my friends and for your sister."

"If you ever feel uncomfortable don't hesitate to leave alright?" she nodded her head and flew through the revolving door as though it were about to disappear. They walked up to the reception again and the same nurse was there still murdering a piece of gum and reading a magazine, she wondered how the lady still kept her job despite her lack of professionalism.

"We're here to see Tamara Bauer please," Brady said "I was told that she was moved to a more secure room like I suggested "he said" the receptionist put down her magazine and checked for Tamara's new room in her laptop.