Guilty or not guilty

"No, no, that can't be" Brady exclaimed, shaking his head so vigorously that he looked like it could fall off at any moment. "My sister can't be the newest victim," he said in a belligerent tone. He grabbed the officer by his collar with his blood stained hands, the officer was taken aback by his actions, but he stayed still with his eyes wide open "My baby sister cannot be the next victim!" He shouted uncontrollably with saliva spewing out of his mouth unattractively. His eyes went darker and his skin paler. He whimpered in misery.  Cassie had never seen Brady's weak side, it was uncomfortable for her to watch him look so defeated. 

"Brady please calm down" Cassie said as she gently unclenched his hands from the officers shirt. He let go of the officers shirt as he crashed down to his knees. He passed his hands through his neatly combed, jet black hair and pulled hard on it as tears began to rush out of his eyes with turbulent speed.

"Sir, we're sure it's her. That's why it took so long for us to tell you," the officer said sympathetically as he pulled his shirt down and smoothened it with his palms. "But there's a little bit of good news sir," he said reassuringly "she survived the incident. We suspect she fought back" he said "she's in the hospital now, she's in bad shape but she's alive." now sir"

Brady looked up at the officer with a little hope. He rose from the floor  "so there's a chance that she'll survive?" He asked hopefully.

The officer gulped "The knife a lot of her vital organs, it's hard to say sir," he replied stepping back a little for fear that Brady will attack him again.

"Tamara's the strongest girl I know," Brady said "she'll fight this, I know she will" he nodded his head, but he didn't sound convinced by his own words. He was simply trying to give himself some hope, false hope maybe, but still hope. "I need to go see her," he said.

"I'll go with you," Cassie said.

"I don't think your parents will approve of that."

Cassie looked to her parents for a sign of approval, they looked hesitant at first but her mum eventually nodded her head.

"Go," Mrs. Meyer said "but this is the last time I want to see you with this irresponsible man," she said, pointing at Brady.

"I don't want you on this case anymore," her father added furiously. "As soon as you've seen his sister you will drive back home," he commanded, with an austere expression. "and when you do we need to have a serious talk " her heart sank a little bit, she had always seen her dad angry, but his anger had always been towards Caleb. Being in the hot seat was unfamiliar to her and she did not know how to deal with that. "I don't know what's gotten into you," he said disappointedly. "You're not my Cassie, the Cassie I know will never turn her brother in for murder," he said in a stern manner.

Cassie stood in front of her father speechless, she held back tears and walked away. 

"Brady wait up" she called out to Brady who was almost out the building. He was in such a rush to get to the hospital that he had even forgotten that Cassie had offered to go with him.

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot that you're coming with me," he said as he came to a halt.

"I only met Tamara once but I could tell that she's strong and I know that she is in that hospital fighting for her life," she assure him as she placed a hand on his shoulders. He simply nodded his head.

"Thank you, " he said faintly "can we go now? I'm impatient."

"Only if you let me drive" she replied, as she stretched forth her hands, waiting for his car keys to fall into her palms. "You're in no position to drive." He dug out his keys from his left pocket and placed it in Cassie's hands. She smiled in satisfaction as she unlocked his car. She stepped into the drivers seat and waited for Brady to step into the passenger seat before driving off to Freetown hospital.