Chapter 13 [War For Remnant]

A banished fleet had just warped out of FTL, A fleet would be an overstatement, it was just eight ships.

Two Capital Ships, 3 Light cruisers, One Frigate and two escorts.

The ships had made approach on an orbiting station.
With the ships docking into the massive ports of the station.

With a hiss, the airlocks were pressurized and the crew of the ships walked freely.

On one of the Light Escorts was a Woman, she had blonde hair, and she was uniformed, once she stepped out of the airlock, she let out a sigh of relief. And she had become more relaxed.

She looked to her ship, 'Invincible' still new with lines going from the side, it was not the navy never approved of this but she liked it.

She took off her officer's hat, and she walked to the lobby.

She pulled out her tablet and began scrolling through the reports of all the conflicts planetside with the Skeleton navy of the planet able to repel the massive attacks by the Three kingdoms.

"If they're doing really good why do they need us here?"

She ruffled her hair and she looked forward to see the person, she wanted while she was here.

"Captain Elizabeth."

"Captain Alex."

The tension rose, for a long time The Navy and Army outside of combat, had a little rivalry but that would be cast aside during conflicts.

Until their demeanor changed to that of smiles.

Elizabeth ran to her lovers' arms.

While Alex was taken with surprise.

"I missed you, E."

"I missed you too, A."

They said before hugging each other tightly.

"So, How was Chi Ceti?"

"Boring, it was just fog and mountains."

"C'mon let's go."

He said before guiding her to the shuttles.

"Ap! My bags."
She motioned to the luggage that was carried by a robot.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes!"

With a sigh Alex took his girlfriend's luggage and pulled them to the shuttle.

"Why am I carrying your bags again?"

"Two reasons."

"Uno." She pointed to his left arm.

"And Dos." She pointed to his right arm.

He then flexed both of his arms together.

Which then Elizabeth gave a little smile.

"C'mon, We still have date night."

"Aye-Aye, Captain."

One and a half years ago....

Alex was staring out of the window of the Ship, looking at remnant, as they were passing the debris field near the moon, he had wondered something... How were they able to get off the planet?

As he stared at the planet some more taking in the beauty before they were setting out.

Darius had walked beside him.

"We'll be leaving for half a year, take a good look at her."

"Dar, I've been wondering, What does power our weapons, Cars and ships?"