Chapter 14 [War for Remnant]

The Fleet of Vengeance, The greatest fleet ever formed by 3 Kingdoms, returned from the island of Expulsus, with no less than 12 ships from the 50 ship fleet.

They were out gunned from the start, it was as if they were sent to die.

And on one of the ships, was Pratt, he was battered and bruised, Lark was beside him, with his right hand on Pratt's shoulder and a crutch on the other and bandages over his eyes.

As the ship landed on the docks, The Citizens went out to greet the soldiers,
They were horrified, Some were missing their legs, Some were still bleeding, some were non-responsive they were shell shocked, and Lyvani was dead, they were doomed, And since the Banished Fleet was hot on their trail, Ironwood asked for the fortification of the city, With Mistral and Vacuo following suit.

3 days earlier...

The Fleet was approaching Expulsus space, it was quiet, everyone on the ships were tense, but once they crossed the border and entered enemy airspace, there was no resistance, no ships on the distance no fighters coming to intercept, did they not detect anything going through their airspace, a few minutes later they see land.

Infantry was ordered to the bullheads to land.

As the soldiers land on the beaches, it was completely quiet.

They set up their command post, and a base, and there's still no contact.

'Did they land on the wrong island?'

'This is easier than expected.'

'This is a waste of time.'

They all wondered.

As they marched deeper and deeper into enemy territory.

Still no contact.

A day had gone by and they could see the skyscrapers in the distance, The Capital.

They were about to reach the outskirts of the city, and then it's automated defenses popped out of nowhere tore through their army.

The soldiers were pinned while Specialists and huntsmen were going to the front to eliminate the turrets and become an arrowhead.

They didn't even get close to the turrets, they got shredded by enemy fire.

Reports all over flooded to the Command Post, of Huntsmen, getting killed immediately by enemy fire, with their aura not protecting them from bullets.

While the navy, was under attack and they were losing.

The Vanguards of each front collapsed and a general retreat was issued to every group and division.

Then reports from Mistral and Vacuo arrived, They were under attack.

Then Vacuo ships, went directly to the ground front to pick up their men and make haste to Vacuo to join the defense and Mistral followed suit, both ships made haste to their homelands.

All that was left was Atlas, their equipment was abandoned just to make space for all to the soldiers that were left, Hell, A division had volunteered to stay behind to buy time.

Pratt saw with his own eyes, Rachel getting shredded by enemy fire.

And Lark lost his leg by a shell.

He didn't know his other friends were or where they were.

Harry lost both his legs and arms, He would be scheduled for cybernetics back in Atlas.

Luke was dead, He blew his brains out while on the ship, on the way back to Atlas.

He felt, that they lost this war the moment they started it.

While on the way back, they received news that Vacuo was burned to the ground and Mistral was besieged, losses on the Mistralian Side were catastrophic, they were losing men by the day, They asked Vale for assistance, Ozpin was overruled by the council, for giving aid to Mistral and Atlas, but some brave volunteers went to The Cities to help.

The enemy ships were behind them, always at a arm's reach.
But when they entered Altas Space, the enemy fleet stopped chasing the broken and battered army.

There was no cheer, no celebration,it was dead silent, The men on each ship knew it was only a matter of time, before this war would come to their shores and it would end in Atlesian Blood spilled in their own city.

Pratt walked through the makeshift defenses of Mantle, The roads that led to Atlas were heavily fortified by Atlesian Bots, and a lot of Mantle's citizens joined the 'Defense Militia' to protect their home, While Children, The Elderly and most families got on an airship headed to Vale, In the afternoon reports of a blockade was heard from Atlas Intelligence, and the Upper Class that tried to escape got captured by the Banished.

He looked to the barely visible ships in the distance, he could feel the rage of their soldiers, their anger at the people here, the people they got rid of, were back and he feels that they would give no quarter.

4 P.M
Truckloads of Dust and Men from the outskirts of the continent, got past the blockade and added themselves to the defenders, more Robots were pulled out of reserves.
And defensive lines were drawn across the city.

5 p.m

The sun had set, and there was no power in the city, they turned off the generators, so they would be less of a target from the higher atmosphere. Everyone was tense, some couldn't sleep. The Full weight of The Banished Army could fall on them at any moment.

8 p.m
News reached them, Mantle has fallen, Lionheart was executed by his own people and the Armies responsible for the destruction of Vacuo and Mantle were headed this way.

1 am.
Explosions were seen on the horizon inland, The Dust mines and dust stockpiles inland were destroyed by the Banished, there goes the hope of guerrilla warfare.

2 A.M
A ray of blue light from the sky hit their dust stockpile, it exploded in a blaze, The Enemy navy was right on top of them, watching.

3 A.M
Pratt thought he should get some shut eye.

7 A.M
He woke up at his post ,he saw a bright red flicker before he fell lifeless.
_________________________________________

"Their heartbeat spiked?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"Nothing, it just happened."