Chapter 10 [War For Remnant]

May 16th

It was a crisp -8 degrees in mantle, As a member of the atlesian marines ran through the streets, rushing through the crowds

"I'm fucked!" The marine said to himself.

He pushed through the rush hour crowds to one of the last morning trips to the base, It was vital that he gets to the base today.

As he took a seat near the windows on the bus he looked out to see the First Alliance Fleet, hovering above the city, imposing it's power and might to all in the city.

As the bus entered the base, the marine let out a sigh of relief, at it's final stop the marine got out, his friends were already waiting for him.

"Pratt!" His friend Hazel-Haired shouted "You're late! The Sarge was convinced that you pussied out."

"Whatever you say, Harry." Pratt replied.

"Pratt, Everyone was convinced." Said his Ginger-haired friend.

"Not you too, Lark."

"Actually, everyone else bet that you wouldn't show up." His Blonde-Haired Squadmate said before adjusting his glasses.

"Jeez Luke, I just slept in late last night." Pratt said "So which side did you bet on?"

"Neither, It is a complete waste of my time and resources." Said Luke "It was only 65-79 percent chance of you not showing up, I'm not betting on anything that doesn't reach 90 percent of success or failure."

"And you two?"Asked Pratt

"Not showing up."Said Harry

"Not showing up." Said Lark

"Gee, Thanks for your support." Sarcastically Said Pratt

"Let's go before Sarge finds out we're missing."

Lunch 12:00 P.M

"So who would win in a fight, Penny Polendina or Pyrrha Nikos." Asked Pratt

"Pre-Rommel incident or Post?" Said Luke

"Pre" Said Pratt

"Nikos would lose,Unless someone threatened her with one of those DVDs."

"Yeah, But she's the Mistralian champ!"

"So? She has no motivation at all, her 'dreams' were already achieved, Post however would be different."

"How so?" Asked harry

"Have you seen her in combat? She's more attentive, More energetic and is more willing to put herself in danger." said Luke

"So, Suicidal." Said Lark

"I wouldn't call it that, I'd call it regret and her futile attempts to do better to somehow find her Ex, and bring him back." Said Luke

"How do you know all this?" Asked Pratt

"It was obvious actually, She Clings to people, When she lost him, forever a part of her hoped that this would somehow bring him back, To her it was a Win-Win."

"So she's a dreamer and suicidal, wow."

"Sooo, I heard that Pratt over here has a crush on little miss Rachel Raven." Said Lark.

The others spit out their food.

"Are you insane? She's military Intel, You are a Grunt. It's like the local daycare math teacher trying to woo a rocket scientist." Said Harry.

"I have to agree with Harry, She is very far from you." Said Luke

"Yeah, I reckon I have a chance." Said Pratt