Chapter 17 [War for Remnant]

Mantle was firmly in Banished hands, with Atlas bracing for the attack and riots broke out, the defenders were sick of it, and they didn't want to end up like Mantle, so an open civil war broke out, with one side wanting to surrender to the Banished while the ones that remained loyal, stood firm and knew that Ironwood had a plan.

And Banished took advantage of the chaos to infiltrate Ironwood's headquarters, and capture him, his Command Staff and the entire Atlesian Council.

The Atlesian Council was not there, but Winter Schnee and General James Ironwood, was.

And Alex was one of the soldiers that made the push.

The way that they were inserted was insane and it was not done before, they were going to be dropped from orbit in pods, and 4 to 5 people, with equipment can fit in these pods, and 15 were dropped directly into the academy grounds while 20 were dropped into the surrounding area, to make sure no reinforcements break through.

Most of the soldiers were from Atlas.

So for most of them it was pretty reminiscent of walking through the halls of Atlas again, This time with a rifle, and shooting anyone that can fight back.

Yes, this is totally not a metaphor on the reason why school shootings are so rampant in the U.S.

The survivors were rounded up and were held at the cafeteria at the cafeteria, while Darius went up to Ironwood's office to capture him.

Alex was with Darius, to help escort Ironwood.

"I bet this is bringing back some memories, eh Darius?"

Alex pressed the button with 5th on it, knowing it led to Ironwood's office.

"It is, not good ones but it is."

Then a ding was heard telling the two soldiers that the elevator had arrived.

"So, if your sister, winter is here, What would be the plan?"

"Simple, Restrain her if possible and kill her if she doesn't comply."

The elevator doors opened and they walked in Alex leaned on the railings attached on the back wall of the elevator.

"Kill her, huh?" Alex pondered.

"What?" Asked Darius.

"I thought you'd atleast tell me to maim her or something."

"This is war, Alex it's kill or be killed, and that's always been my sister's ideology all her life ever since she joined the military, and she's the definition of 'A Tough Bitch.'"

"Really? Doesn't seem like it, I met her a few years back when Weiss and I were still dating, she seemed like a nice person."

"She is, It's just that she takes everything too seriously, sometimes."

"Yeah, I saw that, when Winter fought with Ruby's Uncle Qrow, back in beacon, The Drunk laughed while fighting and even though they were going so fast I still could see the look on her face when she fought, and the sexual tension was... Immeasurable."

"Sexual... Tension?"

"Yeah, I could somehow feel it too."

Then the elevator doors opened to reveal a long hallway with a door at the end of it .

"Look Sharp, we don't know what they did to this hallway, Its best to go slow, and scan the area." Darius ordered.

"Roger that." Alex Replied.

The two operatives slowly walked with caution down the hallway, as they scanned every possible place that a auto defense turret or booby trap might appear.