Chapter 20

"Why in this good green planet did you agree to it?!"

"I know Eliza, consult you first before going on some volunteer mission."

"You better hope you're without a scratch or your next job is being a military spouse!" She screamed.

"Technically being a military spouse isn't a job."

"Wha- You know what I mean! I'm- just worried that's all."

"Hon, we're in the military, we have to expect everyday that we might go home with one leg less or in a bag."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Days later an announcement was made, all Huntsmen and Huntresses in training were going to be educated in... Hunter training and it didn't seem like education, it had fully appeared that Vale had willingly joined the Expulsus nation seeing more ships of varying sizes arrived not long after, and the entire tangent of White Fang was wiped off the face of the planet as soon as they took to the streets, every White fang member was arrested and former white fang members were left alone.

"They really went to work on Vale."

"Yeah, they did, more patrols, less crime, it's better now."

"And you would think there's less work for us, but our new professors think otherwise."

"Grimm Barely reaches the city anymore or any town for that matter."

"Aren't all of you supposed to be in Beacon?" Asked a Soldier.

"Beacon? What's that?" Asked Ruby

Crack! Crack! The shattering of glass was heard in their heads.

"Ohhh, Beacon Academy!"

What the fuck are you doing?!

I am trying to fix it!

Fix it? You just made our job harder!

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That voice-"

"What voice?"

"Ah, She's just bullshitting, they do it a lot you know?"

"Do what?"

"They lie, just to get out of class, More and more students keep cutting classes nowadays, captain said so in the orientation earlier, or were you thinking about your ex?"

"What? No."

"Wait a minute, You were!"

"Hey! Let's not delve into my personal life, keep it professional, that's an order."

"We're the same rank."

"Damnit! logic strikes again."

The other soldier shook his head, and looked at the eight girls,

"Get back to beacon, or we're going to have to take you there." He said.

"Yeah, will do." Said Ruby, in a semi-motivated tone accompanied by a salute.

The eight turned around and walked to beacon they could still hear the soldiers arguing behind them.

"Yeah, Well, she was always there for me."

"She was banging another man behind your back!"

Their voices soon slowly disappeared as they walked away from the two.