Chapter 19

As he woke up to the sound of an all too familiar call of beacon's clock tower, it's mechanical call, asking students to wake up, he smiled as he remembered so many memories of this place and as the Clock Tower's call is coming to it's end, he could almost hear the collective groans of students, either spiting the clock tower or the day itself, he heard the clicking of heels against the cobblestone floor, so he groggily sat upright and rubbed his eyes, he then stretched his arms and moved it around as it was stiff and it hurts from the bed that he had slept in.

He stretched his arms, trying to remove the stiffness he felt in his body.

"Agh, still beats mole hunting." He said.

The heavy reinforced steel doors, slowly opened as light from the hallway slowly illuminated the dimly lit room.

"Mr. Rommel, I hope these accomodations at least did not hinder your sleep." Said Ozpin.

"No, it just brought back memories of being a cadet two years ago, felt at ease for once." He said to the old wizard.

"Then, if you can still move, follow me, we will discuss the proposal you mentioned last night." The grey-haired headmaster stated.

"Yeah."

Alex Stood up properly only to realize how stiff he really was, he had to stretch every moveable joint he has, with satisfying clicks from his joints heard as he stretched them.

After a few more stretches he walked outside to see Ozpin waiting.

"Are you now okay, Mr. Rommel?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Good, now we can talk as we walk to my office."

The hallway was empty and barren, as expected of a forgotten part of the school, one of the cells was open and Alex peeked inside to see Old man Shopkeep scrubbing away while grumbling incoherently.

"Now what do you know about my war with salem?" Ozpin asked as the both of them stepped into the elevator.

"I know that you and Salem have been keeping this war up before the Kingdoms even existed, the academies contain vaults that house Relics, which are ancient but powerful weapons each containing an A.I as it's safety which is kinda stupid if you ask me and it's  manual, Maidens are women with magic as you like to call it, the two of you had four daughters which you took custody of, and this entire war of yours is entirely because of a good marriage, horrible divorce and an never ending violent custody battle with who gets to take care of the kids and who gets the relics, and seeing that courts didn't exist back then and modern courts do not know salem even exists, you two are going to have to fight for the kids and relics, did I miss something?" He said

"Is that what they said to you?"

"No, that's what I see in a nutshell."

"Then I guess you could say you were spot-on." Ozpin replied.

They stepped out into Ozpin's Office, still the same after all these years.

"So, do you mind if I ask a question?" Ozpin asked.

"Do I even have a choice?"

"Tell me, why was Leonardo Lionheart executed by his own? Did your generals force them?" Alex only gave a sigh as if knowing this question would come.

"No, they didn't, It was of their own free will, we revealed the Relic of Knowledge to them, they could use it for any question they had, but they wanted to know what Lionheart's secret was, why was the school so important, why was he suspicious of any huntsman that isn't from Mistral, of course only Mistralian Citizens who were in the area knew his big secret, and after the Jinn showed them, they were so enraged they attacked poor old Lionheart and had him beheaded in the town square."

"What did they see?" Ozpin asked with pure curiosity in his eyes.

"According to most of them, 'Leonardo Lionheart sold them out to the grimm to save his own skin."

"Did the Jinn tell them about-"

"Yes, The Citizens of Mistral know about Salem, We've already evacuated them off-world and they are under surveillance."

"How did Banished Forces-"

"Open the locks?"

Ozpin gave a nod.

"As we have a machine for cancelling aura, we also have a machine that imitates the energy that a maiden gives."

"The Technology your people developed is amazing." Ozpin said

"Thank you, Now how about that deal."

"An alliance against salem?" Ozpin asked

"Yes."

"I will agree to this, if you take all Huntsmen and Huntresses under the wing of the Banished Military, you will share your technology with the rest of the world and release Ironwood."

"We can't release Ironwood."

"Why? Isn't he one of mine?"

"Salem got to Ironwood first, he's working for her."

"A double agent."

"Exactly, and we believe that he's already snuck sleepers under false identities into the Banished Military, We are having a mole hunt."

"Then shouldn't they be needing any capable soldier they could get their hands on?"

"Yes, but someone has to seal the deal here, and we couldn't risk sending a team full of moles."

"So, they sent one familiar face to ensure the message is sent and that person has to be loyal to the nation he serves, who ever came up with this is a genius."

"Do we have a deal Ozma?"

Darius was reporting to his superior.

"Sir, It appears Alex is successful."

"Then we're on schedule." He said.

"Are they suspicious?"

"No."

"Then identify and report, got it?"

"Affirmative."

Beacon's Students were in awe of the ships that hovered over the school, while the refugees from Atlas were tense, they had just escaped the chaos of Atlas and Mantle, and now the Banished were here, has Ozpin sold them out?

A shuttle from one of the smaller ships namely the one with Invincible on the side had descended from the ship, it was going to land on one of the Bullhead pads, where Alex and Ozpin stood.

As the alien-like ship descended greeted Ozpin and Ozpin returned in kind and Elizabeth and Alex Saluted each other before-

SLAP!