2. Searching

Recap

I handed her my phone and she entered her phone number. I was going to name her 'Se-Yeon' but she already named herself, 'Comrade'. I looked at her and she was making handguns.

"Pew pew pew!" she said.

We started laughing.

"Se-Yeon, you never cease to make me smile," I said.

She smiled at me and gave me a big hug.

Recap End

A few hours later after some classes, I headed to the internet cafe. I sat down at one of the desks and typed 'Cosmic Girls - Butterfly MV' into the search bar.  And played the song on my phone with my headphones in. A guy sat down at the desk next to me, all the girls around me were looking at him and whispering.

"He's so cute!" Some girl whispered.

"My feelings for him are indescribable!" Another girl said.

"He's out of this world!" The girl behind me squealed.

"That basic girl doesn't deserve to be next to his presence!" The girl next to her whining.

He started playing some random game on the computer and he was typing obnoxiously. It was annoying but I didn't wanna make a scene. Then, he started aggressively hitting the keys.

"Hey," I said tapping on his shoulder, "Be careful you'll end up breaking one of the keys!"

"What's it to you?" He rudely said, "You're violating the no annoying music rule!"

"1. I have headphones in, 2. Cosmic Girls aren't annoying, and 3. 'What's it to you?'" I scoffed.

"What's even the point in watching a music video on the computer when you have your phone right there?" he asked.

"It's better watching it on a bigger screen-" I started to reply, "Ugh, why am I even paying attention to you, you're just an aggressive key smasher."

"Like you're any better" he sarcastically laughed, "You're an annoying fangirl who watches music videos all day-"

"And you're a jerk who's full of himself." I interrupted.

"Why do you keep bothering me?" he asked, "Do you want my number or something? Get lost."

I laughed.

"As if, and I'll gladly leave if it means I don't have to hear you blab your mouth anymore," I replied.

I was on my way home after going to the internet cafe when I came across a bubble tea shop. I made my way inside when I saw Se-Yeon. 

"Cha Se-Yeon!" I called.

She turned her head up from sketching and waved for me to come and sit down. I headed to where she was sitting and took a seat.

"Whatcha drawing?" I asked.

"Nothing in particular," she said pointing to my camera, "Is that a polaroid?"

"Oh, this old thing?" I laughed, "Yeah"

"Can I take a picture?" she asked.

"Go for it!" I replied as she picked the camera up.

"Pose" she laughed.

I posed as she took my picture.

She handed me the polaroid back and put the photos on the counter

"You look so pretty in these!" she said.

"Thanks!" I said, "Now, let me take your picture, pose!"

She posed as I took her picture. 

"You look great, too!" I smiled

We ordered & received our drinks and left the bubble tea shop.

"Wanna head down to the internet cafe?" Se-Yeon asked.

"I'd love to but I just came back from there," I replied.

"So? Let's watch 'Wonder Girls - Butterfly Mv'!" she insisted, "Please!"

I love that music video! That jerk's surely left by now, right?

"Sure. By the way, great taste in music!" I said giving her a fistbump.

We walked into the internet cafe and I looked for a seat, I looked at the seat I sat in earlier and the seat to the right of it was open.

"Perfect, there are two seats over there!" I said taking a sip of my bubble tea.

We rushed over before the seats were taken, I put one headphone in my ear and gave her the other. We both watched the video on the computer. We were jamming out when I heard something get smashed.

"Oh no, not another aggressive jerk, please," I whispered to myself, crossing my fingers and closing my eyes.

I looked to the left at the person who hit their keyboard next to me.

"You again seriously?!" I yelled, crossing my arms.

"What in the world?" he said turning his head towards me, away from the computer, "You!?"

I slapped him in the back of the head.

"Ow!" he yelled.

"Stop being so careless with your keyboard!" I yelled back, "Look, one of the keys came off!"

I looked at the keyboard with a missing key as we both searched on the floor for the key. I reached for the key the same time we did and our hands collided, I looked up at him and quickly moved my hand away. He picked up the key and attempted to put it back on, he's so clueless he doesn't know how to put it back on.

"Gimme that!" I said, snatching the key from his hands.

The manager of the internet cafe came up to us.

"What's going on here?!" The manager asked.

"Well, you see, I was too invested in my game and-" he started.

"And... he won, he was so excited he fell over! I was just helping him up, I hope we didn't cause too much noise!" I said looking down, putting on a pitiful face.

"The manager doesn't look like he cares, acting skills here we go!" I thought to myself. 

I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. 

"Sorry, my... boyfriend is just studying so hard he doesn't smile much anymore," I said, starting to make up a story, he was so distracted by my story I was able to slip the key back on the keyboard subtly, "He's studying to become a cancer doctor, my m-mother passed away from cancer when I was six," I said as a tear fell down my cheek.

The tears started as an act but real tears slowly fell down. Se-Yeon looked at me with a sad expression on her face, knowing my mother passed away when I was six, but not of cancer.

She gave me a puzzled look as she looked at the jerk who smashed his keyboard, pointing at him mouthing 'He's your boyfriend?' I looked at him and almost vomited. 'No' I mouthed back.

"Let me see the keyboard," the manager said as he inspected it, "be more careful next time".

The manager walked away finally and I wiped my semi-fake tears.

Sigh.