12. Stranger

Recap Start

Once we put on our skates we made our way to the rink, Hye-jun was holding onto the rail about to slip when I grabbed his hand, helping him up and taking him to the middle.

"What are you doing? I'm gonna fall!" he said, sounding absolutely terrified.

"Trust me" I replied, starting to skate around the rink, smoother and faster.

"Hey, I'm doing it!" He laughed.

We stayed for another hour or two, keeping each other company and skating our worries away. Everything felt right. After we finished skating, we stopped by a café to get some food. We got a bagel and a doughnut and ate our hearts out, talking about random stuff and laughing. I liked being with Hye-jun, I liked Hye-jun. What happens now? Was this a date? Are we just friends? Does he like me? I don't know.

Recap End

Hye-jun walked me to my house and we stayed on the steps for a bit.

"Thanks, that was fun," I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Before I could face reality I ran up the steps, to my front door.

"Goodnight popcorn boy" I laughed.

"Goodnight" he smiled.

I went inside and shut my front door, I sank to the bottom of the floor right beside my door. Then, I heard laughing. Did he see that? Oh no, I've embarrassed myself, what do I do? I ran upstairs and grabbed a pillow and buried my face in it, squealing.

The next day, I was going to bike to school but I saw Hye-jun outside his house. I said goodbye to my dad and ran downstairs and outside of the house.

"Hey," I said, waving.

"Hey" he smiled, "You look happy today"

"It's just a good day, the weather is nice, the view of the cherry trees is amazing when it's bright in the morning!" I laughed.

"When did you see the cherry trees?" Hye-jun asked.

"Oh, I passed by them and took a visit last night," I said, stumbling on my words.

"Promise me you won't go without me, ever," he said with a frown on his face.

"What harm can the cherry blossoms do?" I replied.

"It's your curiosity I'm worried about" he joked, "You tend to do reckless things"

"No, I don't! Like what?" I asked.

"Kiss me" he replied.

"That wasn't a reckless choice," I said, my voice getting quieter by the second.

"No, I mean kiss me" he laughed.

I punched him in the arm.

"Hey!" I scoffed.

"Whatever," he said, grabbing my hand.

"Hurry up slowpoke, we're gonna be late!" he said, picking up the pace.

We arrived at school and I noticed we were still holding hands, Hye-jun looked at our hands and smiled, and kept walking. All of the girls thought he was the cutest, I will be a target, shots will be fired. I was going to let go but at the same time, I didn't want to. I didn't care. We passed by Se-Yeon and I tried not to make eye contact as she practically squealed the daylights out of herself.

"I knew it!" she whisper-yelled to me.

I rolled my eyes, beginning to feel a bit embarrassed as everyone was staring at us. I tried to let go but Hye-jun looked at me with those stupid pitiful eyes and I gave in. Darn those pitiful eyes.

As we got to school we went to our lockers and then sat next to each other in history.

"Are you gonna let go now?" I asked.

"If I must," he frowned.

I looked away, not the pitiful eyes.

After history ended, it was time for Korean, and before we knew it, math was over too, now it was lunch.

I felt myself getting really tired so I put my head on Hye-jun's shoulder.