Chapter 22:- Hope within a Dream

For the past couple days, everything was peaceful. No attacks, no fights, just a peaceful life. The earth was safe again all thanks to the earth defenders... but the Z fighters never got to celebrate their victory for one of them was suffering in the hospital. Nobody was allowed to enter the intensivecare room you were staying in. Your condition was getting worse with each passing day, the possible chance of you waking up was so slim.

You were dying. And Vegeta? The poor man was mostly in the Gravity Room, venting his anger and sadness in training. He would stay in the hospital during the visitation period, just staring at you through the window. After that, nobody sees him out of the Gravity Room. Bulma was doing her best to receive a daily report from your doctor. Trunks was from time to time visiting your room, flipping through your sketchbooks. He knew you would be made, but he never really cared. Goku was trying desperately to stop Vegeta from pushing himself over the limits, but the prince would never budge and kicked Goku out.

He never got any sleep, he ate so little and went back to training.

One night, Bulma went to Gravity Room and saw that Vegeta wasn't facing the gravity controller. She disabled it which made Vegeta snap his head to her and frown, "What do you want woman?" He snapped at her. Bulma sighed, "Vegeta, you have to stop this. You're training almost constantly, you're only stressing yourself." She softly said, approaching her husband. Vegeta grumbled, "Hmph, I don't care about what you think." He said with folded arms.

Bulma sighed again and took his hand in hers, "I know you're worried about Y/N, but you shouldn't do that. She would never approve of it."

"I-"

Bulma put her finger on his lips which made him blush, "I'm sure Y/N wouldn't be happy with what you're doing. Get some rest and I promise tomorrow when we visit her, I will tell the doctor to let you in to see her." She said giving him a smile. Vegeta just frowned, "Whatever." He said and walked out. He didn't want to show he was happy because he might see you and hold your hand tomorrow. After a quick shower and a delicious dinner, the Saiyan prince was now preparing himself to sleep for the first time after the incident.

"Please, let my daughter survive this."

He thought and let the sleep consume him.

~~

Vegeta opened his eyes to find himself in an open field, "Where am I?" He asked no one in particular. The field was so big, he could see miles of long green grass and colorful flowers. Some bugs were flying around freely along with the birds. The sky was clear and the sun was glaring at the ground.

"You're in my world."

A soft, feminine voice spoke from behind him...it sounded so...familiar. Vegeta looked behind to be met with a well-known face , "Hello Vegeta, it has been a while." She said with a soft smile.

"T-Tara? You're alive?" He asked her, he mentally facepalmed at the stutter. She giggled, "No, you silly! " She said as she walked beside him. Vegeta turned to look at her, "Then where am I?" He asked the same question to Tara. The woman smiled at him softly as a beautiful butterfly landed on her hand, "Well, this is my world in heaven. I managed to summon your soul here for a short time." She explained.

"H-how did I get here?"

"Hmm...Let's just say that I convinced someone to do me some favors."

Vegeta nodded in understanding, knowing that she wouldn't say who,"What's the reason for you to bring me here?" He firmly asked. Tara's expressions turned serious, "You seem to be losing hope." She simply said, looking up at the sky and lifting her arm up to let the majestic bug fly away. "I don't know what you're talking about." Said Vegeta as he turned away from her, giving her his back. "You're training a lot just to distract yourself from the fact that there's no other way to save her but to wait for the dragon ball to be activated again." She stated, walking around to meet his eyes.

"I'm correct, am I not?..."

They both stared at each other for sometime before a gentle smile was forming on her face, "She knows what's the best..." She whispered to him, "I know my little girl very well...I know you still have a small hope here..." She put her hand on were Vegeta's heart located, "...You just need to believe in it and the hope will become bigger and bigger. She will be okay, believe me." She added, taking a step back.

"How do you know that, Tara?" Vegeta asked. Tara giggled, "I just know... Y/N's soul is still stuck in between the two worlds, but it will go the right place." She said, being mysterious. Vegeta raised an eyebrow in confusion and suspicion at her words, why was she so confident like that? Were you going to die or not? Those questions were running through his mind and he so badly wanted to ask them, but he simply couldn't. Maybe it was his fear of hearing the cruel answer that you were going to die, or maybe he didn't want any answers at all. He never really knew reasons.

The man just nodded which made his previous wife smile, "Very well. Now you better wake up." She said.

"Huh?"

"Wake up Vegeta. Wake up."

~~

"Vegeta wake up! Come on!"

His eyes snapped open at the voice of his wife. He sat up and looked upon the blue haired woman who had a worried look, "What's wrong?" He grumpily questioned as he rubbing his eyes, "It's Y/N!" That was all what need to be said to make Vegeta stand up and hold Bulma's shoulders firmly, "What's about her?" He asked with anger. She sniffed and said, "The doctor called and said that she would barely make it out in these few hours!" She covered her face and cried. Vegeta just pushed her away and went to put on some clothes and booked it to the hospital.

Time Skip:-
Vegeta had just arrived in time to see your doctor and some nurses talking among themselves. The doctor turned around and spotted him approaching, "Are you a family member?" He asked. Vegeta nodded, "Yes, I'm her father." He spoke up.

The doctor sighed and looked down, "I'm afraid to inform you that we unfortunately couldn't save her." The doctor sadly said, voice filled with sorrow. Vegeta didn't want to believe it, so he grabbed the doctor by his lab coat, "What are you talking about? My daughter can't die! She is strong, I know it!" He snapped, anger running through his veins. He couldn't just accept that you were gone, he had just met you a few months ago! How could you leave so easily like that? He knew there was a chance to bring you back, but it would take a long time. There was a possibility that the only wish can be used by someone else for there was a lot of creatures wanted them so badly, so this means bringing you back would take longer.

"S-sir, please no need for violence. W-we are i-in public place." The doctor cowered in fear. Vegeta growled, "Shut up." He was about to punch the doctor, but Bulma came in time and separated them from each other, "Vegeta stop that!" She said, her eyes red from crying. He just looked at her then back at the doctor...

"I want to see her....Right now!"