warm apple pie

"WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?" The maid, Rina, greeted the soaked kids as they stood outside the doors of the home

"WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?" The maid, Rina, greeted the soaked kids as they stood outside the doors of the home. "Did it suddenly rain?"

"We decided to cool off in the lake, that's all." Shoto chuckled. "Do you mind bringing us some towels? For us to dry off with?"

"Of course, sir. I'll get them right now!" Rina bowed, before quickly dashing down the grand hall to retrieve the cloths.

Y/n peeked inside, watching the maid disappear around the corner. "How long as she been working for you?"

"Who, Rina? Hmmm...maybe a few years. Father disposes of our maids quite often when they don't suffice, so it's surprising that she's still here."

"Oh..." She looks the same age as Fuyumi and Touya...I feel bad that she's working for these people. Hopefully she's paid well.

Rina returned with two towels, Shoto taking both in his arms. "Thank you Rina. You're dismissed."

"Of course, sir! Ring if you need anything else." Rina smiled, turning away and heading back down the hall.

As y/n was distracted watching Rina leave, Shoto placed the soft cotton cloth over her head, drying her hair for her.

Y/n turned to him, her heart skipping a beat. No. Stop. Heart, stop it!

"You're shivering. We should bathe soon before we catch colds." He whispered, wrapping the towel around her neck tightly. Y/n could feel her stomach jump up and down at how close her and the prince were, then inches away from each other.

"Y...Yeah-"

"Shoto!"

Y/n turned behind her to see King Enji heading towards them, his expression already upset.

Out of instinct, Shoto pulled y/n back by the wrist, placing his own body between the girl and his dad. "What, father?"

"...Why are you drenched? You're dragging in mud into our home." Enji nagged, before leaning over to see y/n hiding her face into her towel. "Is she the reason for this?"