end of an era

"WE WILL NOW ALLOW THE GROOM AND THE BRIDE TO SAY THEIR VOWS

"WE WILL NOW ALLOW THE GROOM AND THE BRIDE TO SAY THEIR VOWS." The minister announced to the crowd. Shoto reached down and took y/n's hands into his, bringing her closer to him.

He took a deep breath, the two gazing intimately into each others eyes. "...We met each other in the garden, during my birthday. You introduced yourself lazily, and you seemed to be out of breath. At first, I thought you were an intruder disguised in a pretty dress...

But then you sang something to me. A song that I had never heard...I knew you were different, and you were a different that I had been longing for all my life. A breath of fresh air...

When we visited the town, and we lost each other for a few hours, I got a taste of what my life would be like without you...

and I never want to experience that again.

Waking up with you every morning, riding through the fields on horseback, having dinner by the lake...I want to do that with you for the rest of my life.

I will devote my life to you, if you will let me. I will love you, if you let me, I will care for you, if you let me. Anything you need or want, I will provide.

I love you y/n. There's no other woman in this kingdom who could've made me feel the way you do."

Sniffles could be heard from the crowd, people bringing their handkerchiefs to their eyes to wipe tears.

"M-Man, that was beautiful." Denki whispered, wiping his runny nose on Sero's sleeve. "DUDE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, GET OFF!!"

Y/n rubbed her eyes with her sleeve, lightly giggling. "Aw man you're gonna make me cry, Shoto." She whispered, Shoto giving a confused head tilt.

"Was what I said upsetting?"

Y/n chuckled at his cluelessness. "Never mind." She laughed, straightening up again and taking in a deep breath. "Mine isn't nearly as heartfelt compared to yours but...just know that what I say is the truth."

Shoto understandingly nodded, the crowd growing silent as they waited for the princess to say her vows.

"...I genuinely didn't expect to fall for you as hard as I have. I'm in this situation in the first place because of...my parents, along with my own personal motives.

I wasn't entirely open to the idea of endearment, but you showed me that it's okay to love. It's okay to lean on someone for support. To want to be cared for. To trust others.

You tell me all the time that I've changed you, but if anyones' changed, it's me. And for the better.

There's not an ounce in my body that regrets being with you. I want to be with you till the end. Continue to grow together. Love one another. Protect one another. We'll face many highs and lows, more than we already have. But there's no one else I'd wish to go through those obstacles with.

I love you, Shoto. I'll never stop."

Shoto blinked lightly, tears filling the brims of his eyes. "Why...Why do I want to cry?" He whispered, a tear leaving from his duct and running down his face.

Y/n laughed, rubbing the tear from his cheek with her thumb. "Was what I said upsetting?" She mocked.

"She's so grown up!" Toga and Monoma cried, startling their friends.

"Jeez, would you all calm down!?" Sero hissed, as they were starting to get weird stares from the other civilians.

"We will now do the ring exchange." The minister announced. Touya and Fuyumi walked to the couple, Fuyumi holding out a small white pillow with a silver ring to y/n, Touya doing the same with Shoto.

Y/n and Shoto turned back to each other, the two now holding rings to give one another. Shoto volunteered first, holding out his hand for y/n. She gave him her hand, Shoto slowly slipping a sparkling silver ring on her finger.

"As you place this ring on your partner's finger I ask that you repeat these words." The minister bellowed. "This ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed."

"This ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed." Shoto whispered, gazing fondly at y/n as he tenderly rubbed her finger. The white gem in the center shimmered under the early evening light, y/n falling in love with the gorgeous piece of jewelry.

Next was y/n, Shoto handing his hand to her. She slipped a smooth, round silver ring onto his finger. ""As you place this ring on your partner's finger I ask that you repeat these words." The minister pronounced. "This ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed."

"This ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed." Y/n repeated. Shoto smiled to himself as he watched her turn the ring on his finger, the light breeze gracefully flowing through her dress and hair.

"Now then, Shoto Todoroki, do you take Y/n L/n, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Shoto turned to y/n with a small grin. "...I do."

"And do you, Y/n L/n, take Shoto Todoroki to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"...I do."

"Then I now pronounce you...husband and wife. The new King and Queen of Japan. You may now kiss the bride-"

Without a seconds' hesitation, Shoto cupped y/n's face and pulled her into him, their lips crashing into each other.

The crowd erupted into cheer, as they threw white flower petals and rice into the air. The trumpets blasted loudly, announcing to the world that a new couple had been married.

"Alright, we did it!!" Mina cheered, her and friends celebrating happily.

"I can't believe we pulled that off." Toga sighed, wrapping her arm of Monoma's shoulders and digging her knuckles into her head. "This seems like the end of an era!"

"The Robin Hood Descendants are finally retiring." Monoma looked up at the sky, a feeling of relief over taking him.

"...How did we do,

Dad?"