wedding bells

"F-FUYUMI? YOU'RE CUTTING OFF THE CIRCULATION TO MY HEART

"F-FUYUMI? YOU'RE CUTTING OFF THE CIRCULATION TO MY HEART." Y/n choked as her soon to be sister-in-law tied her corset around her waist. "Sorry, y/n! Am I hurting your wound?"

Y/n gazed down at her stomach, placing her hand softly over her corset in the area where she was shot. She scoffed lightly. "No, don't worry. It's just a little sore, that's all." She looked back up at the mirror, watching Fuyumi give the corset a final tie. "I never expected to walk down the aisle with a limp, though."

"That's right, its been about 3 weeks since you were shot...Does your leg hurt?"

"Only a bit, but I'll manage. I don't really want walk down the road with a cane, especially since the whole kingdom will be watching." Y/n laughed as Fuyumi turned her around by the shoulders, adjusting her white veil over her face.

Fuyumi cupped y/n's face, her expression filled of guilt and pity. Her eyes shifted to the floor. "...I'm so sorry about father...You wouldn't have been shot if-"

"Aw, come on now, Fuyumi! Don't get all depressed on me!" Y/n chuckled, making Fuyumi quickly look up. "I'm the one who risked my life to save Nei-...The knight...Even though I knew Enji had a gun. It's no ones' fault but mine."

Fuyumi managed to give a small smile. "...I'm so glad that Shoto chose you to marry."

"Really?"

She nodded, turning y/n back to the mirror and fondling with her hair and veil. "You've changed this family for the better, especially Shoto. I coudln't have asked for a better sister."

Y/n smiled as they gazed into the mirror. "...Thank you Fuyumi...Where's Queen Rei, by the way?"

"Mother? She's probably already outside waiting for us by the carriage."

"And...King Enji?"

"Don't worry about him." Fuyumi assured, holding y/n's shoulders confidently. "He already left to his other estate on the outskirts of Japan. We won't be seeing him for a while."