Escaping the Brig

Mary's POV

I'm still laying on the bunch as Will passes the cell. Gibbs and the crew are in a cell opposite us. Meanwhile Pintel and Ragetti are mopping the brig. "Awwk, shiver me timbers" the pirate squawks.

"Cotton here says you missed a bit" Gibbs tells Pintel and Ragetti. Pintel glares at him and continues to mop. Will approaches the bars as I sit up stretching.

"You knew William Turner ?" Will asks the pair.

"Old Bootstrap Bill. We knew him. Never sat well with Bootstrap what we did to Jack Sparrow, the mutiny and all. He said it wasn't right with the Code. That's why he sent off a piece of the treasure to you as it were. He said we deserved to be cursed and remain cursed" Pintel explains.

"Stupid blighter" Ragetti sneers as he stands by Pintel. Both have stopped mopping.

"Good man" Gibbs states and the pair glare at him. Before turning their attention back to Will.

"Well, as you can imagine that didn't sit too well with the Captain" Pintel tells him.

"That didn't sit too well with the Captain, at all. Tell him what Barbossa did" Ragetti tells him.

"I'm telling the story!" Pintel snarls.

"Then get on with it, I'm bored" I tell him.

"So, what the Captain did. He strapped a cannon to Bootstraps' bootstraps" Pintel tells us.

"Bootstraps' bootstraps" Ragetti giggles.

"The last we saw of old Bill Turner. He was sinking to the crushing black oblivion of Davy Jones' Locker. Course it was only after that we learned we needed his blood to lift the curse" Pintel explains.

"That's what you call ironic" Ragetti says. Just then Barbossa appears with two other crew members. We all look at them. Barbossa tosses a set of keys to Pintel.

"Bring him and make sure the pilferer stays in the cell" Barbossa orders.

"Like I'd want to leave" I grumble as I lay back on the bunch. Pintel unlocks the cell and pulls Will out. Before shutting the door and re-locking it. They leave with Barbossa and the other two.

"Why did you not try to escape?" Anamaria asks confused.

"And take on the whole crew? I'm not stupid" I state as I sit up. "They won't leave many to guard us. I pick the lock and we lead a mutiny. Commandeering the ship and leaving before the others return" I tell them.

"That's actually a good plan" Marty states.

"Thank you" I say and look out the window. I watch them lower the long boats and row to Isle De Muerta. "Ok, I think there's only a handful of pirates left. Most went ashore" I tell them.

"We can take them lassie" Gibbs states.

"Good, now be quiet and let me concentrate" I tell them. I take out a hair pin from my hair. I approach the door and put it into the lock. I start to pick the lock.

It took me a little longer then usual as I've never picked a cell door lock before. But I finally manage it and hear a splash outside. I put the hair pin away and make sure the door does not swing open.

We hear another splash then the sound of someone rushing down the stairs. "It's Elizabeth!" Gibbs exclaims and I relax letting the door swing open. She grabs the keys and unlocks the other cell door. Letting the crew out.

"How did you get here? What happened to the guards?" I ask her.

"Royal Navy, long story. Dumped them in the sea with the monkey" she states. I nod my head and we go above deck. She goes to a long boat. "All of you with me. Will is in that cave and we must save him. Ready? And heave!" she says pulling a rope.

She turns to see none of us helping her. "Please, I need your help! Come on!" she pleads.

"Any port in the storm" the parrot squawks.

"Cotton's right, we've got the Pearl" Gibbs translates.

"And what about Jack , you're just going to leave him?" Elizabeth demands.

"I don't care about Sparrow" I tell her.

"Jack owes us a ship" Marty adds.

"And there's the code to consider" Gibbs states and we all nod our head in agreement.I may not be a pirate. But I have my own code to follow.

"The code? You're pirates. Hang the code, and hang the rules! They're more like guidelines anyway" Elizabeth tells us. But none of us move. She curses and lowers the longboat herself. Rowing to shore as we sail away on the Pearl.

"So where to captain?" Marty asks me.

"I ain't the captain or a pirate. If anything Anamaria or Gibbs is captain" I tell him.

"Where do you want us to drop you off?" Gibbs asks me.

"Tortuga would do for now" I tell him.

"I found this, I believe it's yours" Anamaria says handing me a small chest. I open it to see some jewels and  coins in it.

"Glad he was going to honour the deal" I state as I shut it. "Anything I can do Gibbs?" I ask him.

"No, get some rest and we'll take care of everything" he tells me. I nod my head and go to the captains cabin. I remove my boots and belt. Then lay on the bed and cover myself with a blanket. I fall into a light sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Gibbs with the crew and picture on the external link of the brig.