Return to Land

Mary's POV

I follow the ship as it heads for protected cove. It's day time now. Which is where I hide my land clothes, decades ago. I pray they are still there. "What are you doing?" my sister asks as she appears beside me.

"I'm going after Syrena" I tell her.

"But that's suicide" she states.

"I'm not going to let our friend die Tamara" I tell her.

"She's not dead yet?" she asks and I nod my head. "They must be after the fountain of youth" she states. I look at her confused. "They need a mermaids tear and tears don't keep" she tells me.

"Then there is still time to save her" I state.

"Or get yourself capture along with her" she retorts. "It's to dangerous for us on land" she adds.

"Dangerous for you maybe, but I grew up on land. I will be fine and so will Syrena" I tell her.

"How do you plan on saving her?" she demands blocking my path. "You said yourself, you are a pilferer, not a pirate. You don't know how to fight" she states.

"I don't, but Jack does. We're old friends and he is a friend to our people. I'm sure he will help me. Syrena and I will return" I assure her.

"I can't lose you, like we lost mum" she tells me. Had we been on land or on the surface, she'd be crying. I hug her.

"I'll be ok little sister, you got to trust me" I tell her. I pull away. "I know what I am doing" I state.

"How long will you be gone?" she asks.

"Hopefully not long, I will call once we are safe" I assure her. She nods her head. "Stay close to the pod, have them remain hidden. Just encase someone else comes" I tell her.

"Someone else has come, the others were attacking a new before I came to look for you" she states. "No one will be left alive, they are furious" she adds.

"Please return to the pod" I tell her.

"Here" she says handing me her necklace. "For luck" she states. I smile putting it on and hand her mine.

"I will be back, with Syrena" I assure her and she left. I see the ship has anchored itself and wait. As I see a few row boats head for shore. Once I am sure the ghost is clear. I made my way to land. I pull myself onto behind a cluster of rocks. It takes a little while, but I find the bundle of clothes wedged between the rocks. The clothes are a little torn and weather worn, but otherwise are intact. I get dressed.

I then slowly and silently make my way towards the sound of voices. After walking for about ten minutes, I hear them stop. And I pause behind a boulder as I peak around it to see a blindfold removed from Jack's eyes.

"It's to you now, Sparrow" a man with a black-beard states.

"Was that really necessary?" Jack asks the man.

"Best you not know the exact whereabouts of my ship. I be a cautious man" the man tells him. So it's his ship. If I remember correctly. I saw the ship's name on the back. It was the Queen Anne's Revenge. Which according to my old teacher, was or is Blackbeard's ship. What is with Jack pissing off powerful pirate captains? First Barbossa, then Jones and now Blackbeard.

"So be I" Jack tells him taking out his compass. "What I want first, is Ponce De Leon's ship" he states. He sets off and the others follow. I do so silently and spot Syrena in her glass coffin. I can tell she is starting to have trouble breathing and curse. How stupid are these people? We are part human and need fresh air as much as we need water. Especially if in an enclosed space.

Don't worry Syrena, I will save you I think. As I follow, I try to make a plan. So far, the only plan I have is to try and convince Jack to help me. But how do I get him alone? I doubt Blackbeard will let him out of his sight until they reach the Fountain. By then, it'll be to late for Syrena.

(With Barbossa and Gibbs) Third Persons POV

"Sir, look at this" the lieutenant says as he crouches to exam a foot print. "There be someone following the pirates" he states.

"But who'd do that?" Gibbs asks. Barbossa looks at the tracks.

"I have a thought, though I pray I am mistaken" Barbossa states. Mary can't be stupid enough to go after a pirate crew alone. Unless the mermaids have changed her he thinks. He knows she was going to White Cap Bay after the battle. He had received a few message bottles, but not for many years. Though she may not be a fighter, he knows she'd do anything in her power to protect or save a friend.

A/N

Picture above of Mary's outfit.