Talk With Barbossa

(Port Royal) Third Persons POV

" A piece of eight, nine of them you say?" Beckett asks as he plays with a coin.

"Our new friend in Singapore was very specific, nine pieces of eight" Mr Mercer tells him.

"What's the significance of that, I wonder?" Beckett muses.

"Does it matter? There's nothing can hold against the armada, not with the Flying Dutchman at the lead" Mr Mercer tells him.

"Nothing we know of. Did your friend happen to mention where the Brethren Court are meeting?" Beckett asks him.

"He was mum on that sir" Mr Mercer tells him.

"Well then, he knows the value of information. Best keep this between ourselves. Don't want anyone running off to Singapore, now do we?" he asks looking at Governor Swann. "What was the other thing you wished to tell me?" he asks him.

"I can't be certain, but I believe I saw Mary-rose Goldstien in Singapore" Mr Mercer tells him.

"Are you sure?" Beckett demands.

"No, it's been many years since I last saw her. But she looked how I think she would look as an adult. She's a pirate and went with the others to retrieve Jack Sparrow" Mr Mercer explains.

"Then we have to get her when we meet up with them once they've retrieved Jack. We don't want her to slip away again" Beckett states. Just then Admiral Norrington enters the office.

(Hai Peng) Mary's POV

Will is examining the charts with Tai Huang. We're on our second night of the voyage to rescue Jack from Davy Jones' Locket. I've decided to finally talk to Barbossa about my future. "How can I help you Miss Mary?" he asks as he looks the horizon.

"I thought we should talk about my role on this ship and what happens once Jack is back" I tell him. He nods his head.

"And what will you do once we have Sparrow back?" he asks me.

"Go somewhere as far away from you lot as possible" I state. "You know I'm no fighter and knowing you pirates as I do. No doubt you'll be going to war with Beckett" I explain.

"Possible, where do you want to be dropped off?" he asks me.

"No where, I'll leave once we make port when we return" I tell him. "While I'm here, I pull my weight on the ship. But if we end up in a fight against the EITC. I'll be gone with the charts" I state.

"Why did you want to still the charts?" he asks me curious.

"They may not be as accurate as modern charts. But they lead to more places. Some of which may never be found. Which means I'd be safe from Beckett there" I explain.

"Why do you fear Beckett? I know he'd brand you a pirate, but it seems more personal" he states.

"You've always been observant" I grumble. "He was to be my legal guardian back when I became an orphan nine years ago. I had no other living family and he was my father's friend. He was going to drop me off at the nearest all girl boarding school. I ran away and have been hiding from him ever since" I explain.

"You're Maryrose Goldstien" he says surprised. "I've heard of you, you are an heiress" he states.

"Yes and worth a kings ransom, but I've done a lot to make sure no one would recognize me" I state. "Cut my hair, wore boy clothes, changed my name and accent. I thought being an adult I wouldn't fear him anymore. But now, I just want to be as far away from him as possible" I tell him.

"Understandable, I vow to never let you be captured by him. And if you were, I would do all in my power to free you" he tells me.

"Why do you care for me so much?" I ask him curious.

"You're like the daughter I always wanted. Sure I always thought she wouldn't be a pirate. But if she did go down the life of crime. I'd want her to avoid fights and death" he tells me. "Like you" he states.

"You remind me of O'Malley, you both may not be the same type of thief. But have very similar personalities. He was like a father to me before he kicked me out" I explain as I play with my medallion.

"Where did you get that?" he demands.

"Your monkey actually, he stole it and became immortal again. So I took it from him. Now I have one of the rarest objects on Earth. I don't plan on selling it either" I add.

"I would take it, but it looks good on yah" he states. Just then Will joins us handing him the charts. I look at it over Barbossa's shoulder. It reads: Over the Edge, Over Again. It also says something about a green flash.

"Do you care to interpret, Captain Barbossa?" Will asks Barbossa.

"Ever gazed upon the green flash, Master Gibbs?" Barbossa asks.

"I reckon I seen my fair share. It happens on rare occasion. At the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash of light shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it that ain't. Some say..." he starts to explain.

"It signals when a soul comes back to this world, from the dead!" Pintel finishes. Gibbs gives him a death stare. "Sorry" he mumbles.

"Trust me, young Master Turner, it's not gettin' to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's gettin' back" Barbossa tells Will. Handing me to charts. I decide to look at them by myself and go to mine and Elizabeth's cabin.

A/N

Picture above of Barbossa with Jack the Monkey and picture on the external link of Will examining the charts.