Under Attack

Mary-rose's POV

"I must thank you for inviting me to stay tonight, I feel safer here. Even though that pirate is in jail" I tell Elizabeth as we lounge in her room.

"You're a good friend of mine and I wanted to know you were safe until that pirate is hanged" she states.

"When will he be hanged?" I ask her curious.

"Tomorrow at dawn" she states.

"Good, the sooner the better" I state.

"You don't like pirates, do you?" she asks.

"I'm not fond of them, no" I tell her.

"May I ask why?"  she asks.

"I'd rather not say" I tell her. I spot a jewelry box on her mantle and approach it. I open it to see a beautiful white gold diamond and sapphire jewelry set. "These are gorgeous" I tell her.

"They were my mother's, my father gave them to me on my eighteenth birthday" she tells me.

"What of the necklace around your neck?" I ask her curious. "I've never seen you wear it before, is it new?" I ask her.

"No I've had it for eight years, but I don't like to wear it out in public" she explains.

"Yet you wore it today" I tell her.

"I had a dream last night of the night I meet Will and felt like wearing it" she states.

"You never did tell me how you and Will meet" I tell her fawning curiosity.

"I'll be happy to tell you, but first lets prepare for bed. You may borrow one of my night dresses" she tells me.

"Thank you" I say sincerely. She hands me a night dress and I go behind the change screen. I change and come out. I go brush my hair as she goes behind the screen. I then pocket her mother's jewelry set. By the time she realizes it is gone, I'll have left Port Royal.

 By the time she realizes it is gone, I'll have left Port Royal

Elizabeth comes out from behind the changing screen. We sit on her bed. "So it was eight years again, my father and I were sailing here from England. When we came across a shipwreck and only found one survivor. Will, I was in charge of him for the rest of the voyage. We became good friends, but when we arrived here. He was put in the care of the Black Smith and I hardly saw him" she explains.

"That's a nice story" I tell her smiling. There's a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Elizabeth calls and her maid comes in.

"My lady I am to prepare your bed warmer for you and Miss Goldstein" she states. Elizabeth nods her head and we both get under the covers. As she reads a book at the maid works.

"What is your name?" I ask the maid kindly.

"Estrella miss" she says. She finishes preparing the bed warmer and puts it under the mattress. "There you go, my ladies. It was a difficult day for you both, I'm sure" she says casually.

"I suspected Commodore Norrington would propose. But I must admit, I wasn't entirely prepared for it" Elizabeth tells us.

"I believe she was talking about that pirate who threatened you Elizabeth" I tell her.

"I was, it sounds terrifying" Estrella states.

"Oh, yes, it was terrifying" Elizabeth agrees.

"But the Commodore proposed. Fancy that. Now, that's a smart match, Miss. If it's not too bold to say" Estrella tells him.

"It is a smart match" I agree.

"He's a fine man; he's what any woman should dream of marrying" Elizabeth states.

"Well, that Will Turner. He's a fine man, too" Estrella states.

"That is to bold" Elizabeth tells her.

"Well, begging your pardon, Miss. It was not my place" Estrella says. She leaves and I fall asleep along with Elizabeth.

(Later that night)

I woken up by the sound of cannon fire. I get out of bed and rush to the window. "What is it?" Elizabeth asks me.

"Pirates, we have to get to the fort" I tell her. She nods her head putting on a robe and gives me one. I put it on and we leave the room. We hear someone knock on the door and see a butler go to answer it.

"No don't!" Elizabeth and I shout together. But we were to late and the butler opens the door. Then was shoot in the head making Elizabeth squeal. I give her a pointed look as I drag her back to her room. Where we're meet by a frantic Estrella.

"Miss Swann, they've come to kidnap you" she states.

"What?" Elizabeth asks confused.

"You're the governor's daughter" I remind her.

"They haven't seen you. Hide, and the first chance you get, run to the fort" Elizabeth instructs. Estrella hides as I grab the bed warmer.

"Stay behind me" I tell her and she nods her head. I hit the chubby pirate first and went to swing at the thin one with the wooden eye. But he grabs it and I then pull the trigger dropping hot coals on his head. "Run!" I shout grabbing Elizabeth's arm and we run for it.

We ran downstairs and were blocked by the wooden eye pirate. But as as chandelier fell, Elizabeth and I ran to the dining room. We hid in the cupboard after making it look like we went out the window. "We know you're here poppets" one the pirates says. I curse in my head.

"Poppets" the other says.

"Come out? and we promise we won?t hurt you. We will find you, Poppet. You've got something of ours, and it calls to us. The gold calls to us" the first says. I look to see Elizabeth fiddling with her pirate medallion.

"The gold calls" the second says. A face blocks the light from the room.

"Ello poppets" the pirate says and opens the door.

"Parley!" Elizabeth shouts and I rub my ear glaring at her. Did she have to shout in my ear? "We invoke the right of parley. According to the Code of the brethren, set down by the pirates Morgan and Bartholomew , you have to take us to your Captain" she states. I grumble in annoyance.

"To blazes with the code" the thin one says.

"They want to be taken to the captain" the chubby one retorts. "And they'll go without a fuss, we must honor the code" he reminds the other. He grabs my arm dragging me along as the other one drags Elizabeth along. Great, more pirates. Can this night get any worse?

A/N

Picture above of Elizabeth's mother's jewelry and on the external link of the pirate medallion. Picture in chapter of Mary in her night dress.