Tortuga and Hanging

Mary's POV

We reach Tortuga safely and Annamaria goes to find someone to do repairs on the Pearl. Gibbs and I are in the Captain's cabin. "So what's your plan once the Pearl is repaired?" I ask him curious. Though I'm not going with them, I am curious.

"We're going to go collect Jack" he states.

"You really think he is going to make another of his famous escapes?" I ask him.

"Aye, but he'll need a get away ship" he tells me.

"Well good luck with that" I tell him.

"What about you Lass? Sure you don't want to come with us?" he asks me. "It'd be safer then going it alone" he states.

"I'm sure, I survived in Port Royal for many years without being caught" I remind him.

"Well if you ever need help, you can count on me" he tells me.

"Thanks Gibbs, you were like a father to me on our voyage to Port Royal all those years ago. I'm sure we'll meet again" I tell him. We shake hands. I grab my bag and chest, before leaving the room. When I reach the deck I see Annamaria giving instructions.

"You leaving?" she asks when she spots me.

"Yeah, it's time to move on. Don't let the boys boss you around" I tell her.

"Wouldn't dream of it, shame though. You would of made a good pirate" she tells me.

"I'm a Pilferer and always will be, if you're ever in Singapore. Look me up" I tell her.

"You're going to Singapore?" she asks me.

"Aye, once I get my money and find a boat to get me there" I tell her.

"We could give you a lift once we get Jack" she suggests.

"No, I've had enough of Jack Sparrow" I tell her. "Don't tell anyone where I'm heading" I add. She nods her head and we shake hands. Before I left.

(Time skip)

I got my money and got a few new outfits. Along with a boat. I sailed to Port Royal first, stupid I know. But I wanted to see if Jack does manages another miraculous escape. I'm wearing a brown wig and makeup. Along with a red dress with a matching fan.

I stand in the crowd of citizens, that have come to watch Jack's hanging. I notice Elizabeth with her father and Commodore Norrington. "Jack Sparrow , be it known that you have..." an official starts to list Jack's crimes. I notice Jack mutter something under his breath, I bet it was about being Captain Jack Sparrow. "For your willful commission of crimes against the crown. Said crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature, the most egregious of these to be cited herewith; piracy, smuggling, impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England" he lists. Jack chuckles smiling to himself, no doubt reminiscing each crime.

"Sailing under false colors, arson, kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation, and general lawlessness. And for these crimes you have been sentenced to be, on this day, hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul" the official finishes. The drums begin as a noose is looped around Jack's neck. If he's going to escape, he has to hurry.

"Move!" someone yells and pushes me aside. I see it's Will. So they did save him. He throws a sword at the gallows. The sword sticks in the wood and Jack has a foothold as the trap door opened. Stopping him from struggling himself.

Will fights the executioner and cuts Jack free of the rope. The citizens fled the scene, the soldiers take action. To try capture Jack and Will. Who fight all the way up to a tower where they are cornered by Norrington's men and Norrington himself.

I hide in the shadows watching the scene. Keeping my face covered with the fan. "I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt but not from you" Norrington sneers as he points his sword at Will.

"On our return to Port Royal , I granted you clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? He's a pirate" Governor Swann states.

"And a good man" Will says proudly dropping his sword. "If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it. At least my conscience will be clear" he tells them.

"You forget your place Turner" Norrington sneers.

"It's right here, between you and Jack" Will tells him calmly.

"As is mine" Elizabeth states and she stands by Will holding his hand. Governor Swann orders the soldiers to lower their weapons and they do so. Norrington looks at Elizabeth sadly.

"So this is where your heart truly lies, then?" he asks her.

"It is" she tells him honestly. About time she admitted her feelings for Will. Though I feel bad for Norrington, he really did care about her. I hear a bird squawk and look to see Cotton's parrot.

"Well! I'm actually feeling rather good about this. I think we all arrived at a very special place eh? Spiritually. Ecumenically. Grammatically" Jack says looking at the governor. He then turns to Norrington. "I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that" he tells him and looks at Elizabeth next. "Elizabeth. It would never have worked out between us, darling. I'm sorry" he tells her.

He steps onto the battlement and looks back at Will.  "Will. Nice hat" he states. "Gentlemen, this will be the day you will always remember as the day you..." he starts to say and suddenly falls over the back wall. I hear a splash.

"Idiot. He has nowhere to go but back to the noose" the lieutenant says.

"Sail ho!" a sentry yells and I look at the bay to see the Black Pearl. So he makes another escape. I leave the scene and go to Will's shop. I change clothes and leave Port Royal in my boat. Sailing for Singapore.

End of Curse of the Black Pearl, The Pilferer will return in the next chapter in World's End.

A/N

Picture above of the Black Pearl now and picture on the external link of Tortuga.