Talk With Elizabeth

Maryrose's POV

I'm in Elizabeth's cabin and am brushing my hair while she looks out the window. She's let her hair down. "Was our friendship a lie?" she asks me.

"In the beginning yes" I tell her honestly. "Originally I only befriended you so that I could get into your house. And look for valuables worth stealing. But over the years I grew to see you as a little sister. However, I'm a Pilferer" I state.

"How did you know who I was? I had only just arrived and never told you who I was" she states.

"You're clothes gave away that you were wealthy, also I came with you from England" I tell her.

"I never saw you" she states confused.

"I went by a different name then and pretended to be a boy" I state.

"Marco" she mumbles.

"Yep, I was the cabin boy" I tell her smiling fondly. "No one knew who I really was until I meet Will. He figured me out and knows everything about me" I explain.

"He knew you were the pilferer?" she asks me surprised.

"Yes, I lived with him mainly in Port Royal. One of the reasons I never invited you over to my house. I had no real home" I tell her.

"How did you become a pilferer?" she asks me.

"I was eight when my parents died because of a sickness that went through our town. I had no other family or family friends to raise me. So I lived on the streets alone. I would of died if not for Thomas O'Malley" I tell her. "He's one of the best pilferers in the world. He took me under his wing and taught me everything he knew. He'd tell me stories like the one of Cortes to ensure I never strayed from the pilferer code.

Steal from the rich or those well off. Never hurt anyone or kill anyone. Avoid the EITC, unless you wish to be branded as a pirate. If you are close to being caught, take what you can carry and run. Don't get close emotionally to those you intend to steal from. Always plan and have multiple exits before a heist. Never steal from a pirate or the EITC. Travel light and never stay in a place longer then two years. I've broken that rule" I explain.

"When did you leave O'Malley?" she asks me curious.

"I didn't leave him, he kicked me out after five years. Saying I knew everything I needed to look after myself. I knew how to plan, steal, pick pocket, how to make a shelter and how to defend myself if necessary" I state.

"But you were only thirteen" she says shocked.

"Didn't matter" I tell her. "When I left him, I decided I wanted to start a new life. I heard of a ship taking a new Governor and his daughter to Port Royal. So I stowed away, with nothing but the clothes on my back. Gibbs found me and believe me to be a boy. He made me cabin boy and took me under his wing for the voyage.

I avoided you on the voyage. I never really got along with girls in my village. I knew I'd be a pilferer when I arrived in Port Royal. That I'd no doubt steal from you one day. I couldn't grow attached" I state.

"But you did" she states.

"I became your friend and fond of you. But not enough that would stop me from doing my job. I've avoid it for years, but it was time for me to move own. I planned on stealing your jewelry set and sailing away to Tortuga. Where I'd sell them and then find a new city to settle in" I explain.

"What about Will?" she asks me.

"He's like a little brother to me, he has tried to change me. To stop me from pilfering. But he knew I never would and knew one day I'd have to leave. He made me promise to write to him and I would of under a false name" I tell her.

"I would of kept your secret" she tells me. "I always wanted to meet a pirate, a pilferer would of been the next best thing. Especially as you wouldn't of killed me" she state.

"I couldn't risk it" I tell her.

"What do you think will happen to you?" she asks me.

"Barbossa thinks I have a talent for not being caught in Port Royal for eight years. He's trying to recruit me. But I don't want to be a pirate, I hate them" I tell her. "If a Pilferer is caught, they'll be a branded a pirate. That's a great insult to us. Pirates give us a bad name" I state. "But pirates think the same thing of us Pilferers. We make people think pirates aren't all cold hearted killers. However if a pirate is caught, it won't be branded as a pilferer. Where as a caught pilferer will be branded a pirate" I explain.

"I see why that'd offended a pilferer" she states.

"Then you know why I can't stay here" I tell her. "Hopefully Barbossa will keep his word, repay me for my lose and drop me off at the nearest port after Ilsa De Muerta" I state.

"Pirates are men of their words" she tells me.

"Most are, but you have to be specific with your requests" I tell her. "He may not drop my off at the populated port. He may drop me strand me on an island" I state. "We should rest, I expect we'll arrive at Ilsa De Muerta at night fall" I tell her. She agrees and we lay in the big bed. We doze off in the early afternoon.

A/N

Picture above of Elizabeth and on the external link of Maryrose.