★┊iv

It's been a week since you joined Fukurodani High. Ever since you moved, you've been finding it hard to talk to anyone.

Conversations would usually end with you giving a one word answer to everything. You were scared. Scared to trust people. Scared they would disappoint you, or even misunderstand you.

You make it through your classes till lunch break. As your seat is in the cornor of the class, you always tend to look out, watch the birds fly across the blue sky and would find so much calmness from it.

"(Y/n) chan!", You turn to see Yuki-chan calling you. "Let's have food. Come on!" You smile back as you take your lunch and join the other girls.

Although you never spoke much, the girls in the class never left you alone. They always made you feel like one of them.

As you quietly eat, listening to others, a boy with the most beautiful features you've seen, approaches Yuki.

"Yuki-chan. Is there any girl in our class who doesn't belong to any club?" The composed, stunning boy asks.

After thinking deeply for a while she replies "It's only (y/n) Chan. Everyone else is in a club."

"Do you want to join the volleyball club as the manager?" He turns to you.

The volleyball team, manager. I've heard a lot about the Fukurodani school's volleyball team. They even have one of the top aces in the country.

"No..... umm.... I don't know your name."

"It's Akaashi Keiji! He is the setter in our school's volleyball team! And our class leader too!" Pipes in a girl, who was sitting at the same table with you.

You stare at the boy, not knowing how to reply. Volleyball ball has been a part of me for a very long time. But...

"Ummm Akaashi San, I'm not into volleyball. I really don't think I can do it."

But now, I don't want to go back to it. It's done enough damage.

He gives it a thought, "Alright. But make sure you let me know if you join a club. I will inform our class teacher."

He looks back at Yuki-chan, "thankyou Yuki-chan" he says, slightly bowing and walks out of the classroom.

⭑☾⭑

The rest of the day was all smudged. A blur memory.

All you could do was think about the volleyball court, the team, their faces the last day you saw them at the court, your grandfather and how everything went down and you were left helpless.

⭑☾⭑

A/n
Hope you are enjoying!
Akaashi, the pretty boy :')
~Rose