★┊xi

You keep running until you reach a park. It's dark, and the park is empty. Just a few people who are returning back home. You find yourself an empty bench and sit down.

Everything is all such a blur memory, it annoys you how all this is so confusing and out of place.

You don't understand this feeling. You aren't really sad. But that wave of nostalgia hit you so bad, you're tears didn't hold back. Holding the volleyball made you feel happy.

It's the first time you felt this happy in these few weeks.

Your eyes are all puffed up from the crying, and your hands and legs shake from all that running.

As you try to calm yourself down, you cover your face, and put your head down. You push all your hair from your face, and sit up straight and find a small boy standing in front of you.

The lamppost near you helps you see the boy better. He has a small, cute face. His hair is a dark shade of blue, and fell over his forehead. Sapphire blue eyes, and a frowning eyebrow. A small pout on his face. He is still in his school uniform, so maybe his parents are somewhere close by.

The boy has a look of determination, his eyes said everything but weakness. In his hand was a yellow balloon, which had a smiley face on it.

He hands over the balloon to you, clearly upset that his balloon isn't his anymore. You hesitantly take the balloon and smile. With a quick smile he adds, "Don't cry. Hang in there, you've got this nee-chan!"

He clenches his tiny fists and nods his tiny head. Then he runs away.

The balloon stands straight in the air. You hold the string tight. Something about the boy, his determination, his energy, makes you want to become bolder, stronger, independent.

I can't keep running away all my life. Volleyball did, does and will always make me happy. You stand back up, this time feeling a lot more bolder than before.

And I will not stop doing what I do because of my past.

⭑☾⭑

The next day, you walk to school with a strong resolve in your mind.

You walk straight to the classroom. Your eyes search for a pair of sharp, focused eyes, a boy with beautiful features, the same person who offered exactly what you needed.

When you find him, you start making your way towards him when Yuki stops you on the way.

"Hey (y/n) Chan!! You.... You look different today."

"Different?"

"It's a good different. You look like you've finally brightened up." Yuki replies. "Something good happened?"

Yes. I've decided to create my own happiness. And no one can stop me today. I just hope this goes well.

You smile in return "Yuki-chan I'll be back now. Give me a minute."

You find the person you're searching for, leaning against the wall, with a book in his hand. You walk towards Akaashi and stand straight, facing him.

"Akaashi-san. Is the spot for the volleyball team's manager still open?"

"Umm... Yes y/n-chan. But didn't......" He says, looking up from the book he was reading.

"I'd like to join!" You cut him in between. He seems taken aback, to which you give a small laugh and continue slowly, emphasising on each word, "I really want to join as the manager, if that's okay?"

"Yes (y/n) Chan," He replies with the same calm eyes and a little smile. "Meet me at the court, after school?"

"Sure! See you then!"

'It's happening. I've come back to volleyball. I just hope I've come back for good. Hang in there y/n!' I tell myself and walk back to Yuki-chan

A/n
This chapter feels a bit rushed. Let me know what you think about it.
The little boy mentioned earlier, I pictured him as baby Kageyama, cause I really love baby Kageyama 💔🥺 I've put the picture up for y'all in the media! Credits to the artist.

If you liked this chapter, do give it a vote :')
Take care❤️
-Rose🤍