★┊ix

Akaashi's POV

"Aakkaaashhiiiiiiiii!" I hear Bokuto San's engertic voice from over the court. He is heading towards me, almost jumping and running, rather than walking.

He doesn't seem the least bit worn out from all the practice.

"What are you doing here? Let's go practice a few more spikes!". A little too energetic.

"Alright Bokuto-San. But after a small break."

I stand at the door, watching the sky change colours as the sun sets. The orange-pink skies send a wave of calmness over me. I sip on my water as I admire the skies.

It's so calming, I wish I could revisit this part of my life every time things get hard.

"Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully" Bokuto san always tells. He seldom speaks words of wisdom, but when he does, it leaves us all dumbfounded.

I turn to walk back into the court, when I notice a girl walking in a distance. She's heading towards our court.

Usually no one except the volleyball team members are around here after school. I squint a little and look closely, it's (y/n).

She seems lost, deep in her own thoughts. She walks with her eyes looking at the ground. Her slender fingers fidget with the hem of her coat.

As she approaches the court, something flies over my head and outside the court, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Where are you hitting the ball, Bokuto San?!!" Konoha yells.

The ball rolls over to (y/n), who stops and picks up the ball. She stares at the ball for a few seconds, as though she is making her mind to do something.

Bokuto San shouts for me to get the ball, but I signal him to keep quite.

With her eyes still fixed on the ball, she takes a few steps back. She loosens her shoulders and her grip on the ball. She throws it up and the ball flies in the air above her as she starts moving in front.

By now everyone from the court are at the door, right next to me. All our eyes are on (y/n), who I assume is so lost in her thoughts that she hasn't noticed us yet.

Her initial steps are slow, but soon she picks up speed. With her eyes focused on the ball, her upper body bend low and hands behind her, she runs. And then, she jumps and hits the ball.

I pull in a sharp breath, I had forgotten I was holding my breath all along.

That, was a perfect serve.

I stand still in my postion as all the other members rush outside.

Bokuto-san's voice fills the entire surrounding as he runs towards her. Soon all the members follow, all complimenting the serve and trying to find out who the new girl is.

The serve definitely wasn't of someone who didn't know volleyball. She knew it well enough to nail a serve many people find hard.

I should be going there too, if not complimenting, at least find out more about the new girl in my class. But something holds me back....

"Ummm Akaashi San, I'm not into volleyball."

Why would (y/n) lie?

A/n
Heeyyy, so I'm back!!
Hope you all doing good?
I'll try updating as much as I can.
Take care❤️
~Rose