★┊xiv

Akaashi's POV

"Ahhh, I was just embarrassed. I haven't played volleyball in a long time, so I ran away." Replied y/n to Bokuto San.

But she said she isn't into volleyball..... Did she mean she left volleyball?

Wait why am I so curious about her? I'm just overthinking all of this.

"That serve was so good, maybe you could show us some other day?" Bokuto San asks.

"Yes, I will!" She replies.

While we walk home, Bokuto san keeps asking y/n questions, and she answers them quickly too. They seem to already get comfortable with each other.

I find out that she's a transferred from Nekoma high. And her grandfather was a coach for their volleyball team. But due to some family issues she transferred here, and now lives with her uncle, aunt and her little cousin brother.

Wait, she's from Nekoma.... And she also mentioned her grandfather being the coach for their team.... Which means she might know the entire Nekoma volleyball team!!

"Akaashi!!" Everything in my vision blurs as Bokuto San shakes me out of my overthinking.

"I was talking to you, did you hear anything?" He asks, slightly annoyed at how I zoned out.

"Uhh, I'm sorry, I really didn't hear anything." I need to stop thinking so much. Why does any of this matter. "What were you talking about?"

"Why don't we, as a volleyball team go out somewhere after school tomorrow?" He explains. "We've got a new manager and it's been ages since we got together as a team somewhere out! What do you think?"

I approvingly nod, to which he grins widely. Then he starts talking to y/n about how good the food in our school cafeteria is.

Why do I want to know more about y/n? The more I know her, more the mysterious she gets. It's confusing.

(Y/n)'s POV

It's almost July, the first term is nearly over. The change in the warm climate also marks the end of summer and beginning of a chilly autumn.

As you leave for school the next day, you grab a scarf, to keep yourself warm. It's a striped scarf, with different shades of yellow that's soothing to the eye.

You look out the window to be greeted by a dull and rather cloudy day. You grab the umbrella from your table, stuff it inside the bag, and sling your bag over your shoulder.

Although the climate felt depressing, your spirits were high. Something about today just makes you want to feel good, excited even.

"Have something before you leave y/n!" Your aunt called from the kitchen as you head out. "It's getting colder now, so I'll be filling hot water in your bottle from today!"

"Thankyou aunty", you tell her as you squeeze her in a back hug, "thankyou for always looking out for me."

"Now go on, eat something before you leave" she added with a warm smile.

⭑☾⭑

On your way to school, you saw Yuki, and eventually walked with her till school. Yuki and you were walking towards the classroom when a melodious voice reaches you.

I'll shine on you with all the light I have
So don't hide yourself, will you show me you?
Be comfortable with the way you are
That's right, it's okay to be okay-

You stopped in your tracks, to listen to the voice closely. The voice is just the least bit deep, but it's soothing. The voice effortlessly hit the high notes in the song.