☾┊vii

"Did you want us to win so badly that you had to pay money?!"

Nothing made sense. At some point very other sound around you was muffled. You never thought that your grandfather, who has had volleyball in his life for so long, would do something so shameful. Everyone else was silent, just as shocked as you.

The person who had come, happened to be the sports coordinator of school Nekoma was supposed to have a match with.

You were told to give the package to the coach there. But because he was the only person at the location that was told, you handed him the package. Not package, money.

He left the all money as it was, "Let's call this match off. And it's better if we don't involve the police either. The coach at our school is just as responsible"

But that didn't reduce the tension in the court. No one spoke except Yamamoto. When no one replied to anything he said,

"Coach WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING?!"

You snapped when Yamamoto raised his voice. "IS HE THE ONLY HUMAN WHO MAKES MISTAKES. HE KNOWS HE MADE A MISTAKE, CAN YOU STOP BEING SO HARSH ON HIM?!"

Your grandfather was trembling, his eyes always looking down out of embarrassment.

You heard a few gasps as few of them looked up, wide eyed and suprised by this sudden reaction.

"Mistakes aren't intentionally done." Kuroo scoffs. "Are you saying we just brush this off like it never happened?"

"No... That's now what I meant......"

"You literally handed the money to them" Inuoka spoke up, "how do we know whether you have a part in this too....."

Inuoka kun....... I would never....

You avert your eyes from them, taking everything in you to hold back your tears.

You wanted to defend yourself, speak up, deny what he just said. But when you looked back at them, they looked away.

And suddenly, even as you stood around so many people, you became lonely.

"That's enough. Let's call it a day. All of you head home. The coach and I will have to meet the principal before we leave." Takahashi Sensei said, leading your grandfather away.

You quietly walk behind them, pressing your nails into the palm of your hands to hold yourself back from breaking down.

Is this it? I thought we trusted each other, I thought our relation was strong enough to not waver at something so small.

As you head out, you turn one last time to explain yourself to them. I can't leave it at this. They should know I didn't mean to do any of this.

You turn around to talk when, "I can't believe you did this, (y/n)-chan. I thought we meant more to you." Yamamoto says, in a threateningly low voice.

The entire team stood there, looking at you. "I didn't.... I wouldn't...."

"You should go. Please." your eyes meet Kuroo's. There were a million emotions behind those words. He was hurt, miserable even.

He is right in his place to be upset, but why does no one trust me. Everything I did for them, the ups and downs we went through together, does it mean nothing?!! Did they still not understand me.... Not even Kuroo?

This was more than you can handle, you walk out of the court, not realising this would be your last time there for a long time now.

The basket you had set for today's picnic was at the door. The sight of it reminded you of yesterday.

"I love you. You know that right?"

Maybe you did love me. But not enough to understand me Tetsu.....

⭑☾⭑

A/n
That was long. Maybe over descriptive too. I'm no where next to finishing this flashback. 🥲
Let me know what you think about it!!
Credits to the artist for the art I've used in this chapter.
~Rose🤍