★┊xii

♪ The light - We The Kings ♪

Your relationship with any individual could be symbolised as a thread, a string. The deeper your relation goes, the number of strings that bind the two of you together increases.

It's a beautiful concept, until the relation lasts. Even if you believe you end it, these strings that hold you together take you back to them.

Those memories, those little moments of happiness that can never be recreated, the safety and security, every small thing.

At this point, they say you should cut all the ties, cut every single string. If it hurts let go of it all, cut it off.

'.....but what if I don't want to? What if I find comfort in this pain? What if it's something I treasure way too much to let go of it?'

'Kuroo and I found comfort in each other that we found in no one else.' You tell yourself, 'Even if it's now a memory, a memory that hurts, a memory I know can always hold me back, why do I still not want to let go?'

They say that two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break.

Maybe these strings will never break. Maybe I'll never get over what happened.

'But I will not let that bring me down' You whisper, determined.

⭑☾⭑

You inhale, and start walking towards the volleyball court that evening, along with Yuki-chan.

"So you're joining the volleyball team! I'm sure you'll have fun."

"I'm hoping the same too" you reply with a smile, but your eyes still at the entrance.

"Lets goooo!" Yuki starts pushing you from behind, and you start heading towards the court faster, your heartbeat increasing equally fast.

You walk towards the quite volleyball court. You had prepared yourself for those same sounds of the skidding shoes, those voices that call out their teammates.

"Okay then, you go in, I'll be heading home! Have fun at the volleyball court!" Yuri chims in. And with a wave she walks away, leaving you alone at the entrance of the court.

You walk up the two steps before the door, quietly. Then you realise, the whole area, is so quiet. No voice, no sounds from the shoes, nor the ball slamming on the floor of the court.

You peak in, hoping all the members are too engrossed in a big discussion to notice you. Fingers fidgeting with the string from your bag, you take a deep breath in and take a step into the court.

"WELCOME TO FUKURODANI'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!" Pop! Pop! Two party poppers go off, and you close your eyes and take a step back.

You slip down a step and start falling back, and you stretch your hand to grab onto anything that will stop you from falling. Instantly you feel a strong grip on your hand, pulling you back.

Standing back straight again, you open your eyes, a big, strong hand firmly holding your's, infront of you stands a guy whom you've never seen before.

He is built, with broad shoulders. His hair in shades of black, white and gray. His grey eyebrows are arched, his eyes widened. His pupils are a dull shade of golden. A sharp nose and a jawline even more sharper.

The jersey he's wearing has number 4 on it. So he's one of the members. He's got the vibe of a captain, and an owl. You smile and whisper an inaudible thankyou, as he lets go of your hand.

Once you regain your position, you scan the court and notice all the members of the team stand around you, with a party hat on. Two of them have the party poppers in their hand.

"Pfffttt" you burst into a giggle. All their faces had shock written all over, and with those party hats and their volleyball jerseys, it all just looked a lot more hilarious.

"Did u hit your head?" the owl looking guy asked, genuinely worried.

"No no", you reply, smiling with happiness you haven't felt for a long time now. You then bow down, and continue "I'm (y/n) and I'll be joining this team as the manager. I'll do my best to assist you all well!"

The enthusiasm in you, spreads like the ripples in water. The boys also smile and you felt a sudden sense of bonding.

"Welcome to our team, y/n San. I'm Kotaro Bokuto, the captain of this team" says the owl looking boy, now with a wide grin.

"Looking forward to working with you, y/n San"

A/n
Ohhhhh I am so excited about this chapter!!! Not only cause y/n is finally standing up for her own happiness but also cause I really really LOVED this song😭
AND BOKUTO FINALLY MADE HIS APPEARANCE!!! YAYYY🦉🖤
Hope you like this chapter ❤️
Do give it a vote if you do!!
Thankyouuuu. Take care y'all!❤️
~Rose🤍