★┊xv

" Y/n!!!!" Yuki screams into your ears, this being the zillionth time she's catching you zone out as she speaks.

"I'm sorry Yuki, I'm so out of it today" you murmur, as you nibble on your sandwich during lunch.

"Okay, look here", she grabs your arms with both her hands and turns you to face her. "I'm joining the musical concert this year. But I need some motivation, a little help here?"

Your eyes flutter open, and reading your confused face she groans.

"I was talking to my sandwich all this while", she says as she facepalms herself. "I've been going for piano classes for a year now. And I'm pretty confident about singing too."

"That's amazing Yuki!!" You exclaimed.

She looks at you like there's something more to be told. You try to think, only starting to fall back into thinking about what's right in front of you.

Finally, Yuki exasperatedly breaks the silence. "You don't know what the musical is, do you?"

You cringe at this, and awkwardly smile. She sighs and continues, "Now listen carefully y/n! Every year we have a musical concert right after the mid term break. Usually it's music and dance , and it's almost magical. Somewhere in the evening, the lights and music just look beautiful, and you will love it!"

Her dreamy expression explains it all. It's definitely is something she's eagerly looking forward to. "And I've decided to perform this year!" She exclaims, suddenly snapping out of her dreamy phase.

Now it's your turn to get shocked. But you sensed that she isn't done talking, there is more."But.....?" You ask her.

"...umm.... I need help. I'll be practicing today after school in the music room. You think you could join me?"

Now you've just joined as the volleyball team's manager, you cannot skip your second day. But you didn't want to upset Yuki either.

You decide to be honest with her, making sure that you don't hurt her in any way while you tell, "Yuki I just joined the volleyball team yesterday. I won't stay long with you, but maybe I could visit you from time to time during your practise?"

Yuki beams at your reply, contrary to the reaction you expected. "That's more than enough! I just someone to hear me out and tell me how it sounds!"

"Well then, I won't go easy on you. Better practice hard" you say, as you link your arms with her and start walking again.

She's so happy at the most insignificant little things. She's such a ray of sunshine.

You hear a group of girls giggling, they're laughs interrupting your thoughts. They walk towards Yuki and you, and Yuki eagerly waves at them.

Three weeks into school and you still struggle to remember the names of most of your classmates. Before the girls reach close you quietly whisper to Yuki that she needs to help you with the names, stressing on the word 'need' as much as you possibly could.

"Yuki!!!! (Y/n)! C'mon let's hang out together." Said a girl with golden brown hair, but a darker shade. Her wavy hair fell gracefully over her shoulders, and you could feel yourself melt at her vibrant smile.

"Yukiiiiiiiiii!!!" A shorter and rather cuter girl whines, "you haven't spend time with us for long, I see you around y/n a lot!"

Ummm.... ouch?

"No I didn't mean to offend you," her expression suddenly a less teary eyed, "instead I'm glad you're a part of the group too now!" She now links her hand with your's, the sudden contact surprising you.

"Hi Y/n, I'm Ayako. Nice to meet you." The uninterested voice came from the tallest in that group. Her long hair fell straight down to her hips, and they were a dark shade of purple at the tips.

She smiled a little, which put you at ease, as you shook hands with her. "Yuki, y/n" says the chirpy shorter one as she grabs your hand, "are you free this weekend?"

"This weekend.... I might have practice for the musical......" Yuki's voice trails off.

"Wait- you're joining the musical?! Yuki why didn't I know about it! I'm so glad, you're finally performing on stage!" She cuts Yuki, and frantically jumps around.

"I'm still to confirm what I need to do, so please, let's keep it down okay? Anyways, we could hang out this weekend! Right?"

All four pairs of eyes turn to you, putting you in an uncomfortable position.

"Let's do our studies on Saturday and then go out on Sunday, what say?" Ayako adds in. You're glad she brought that up, because you definitely need a day to catch up on all the week's work from school.

"Yes, that's a great idea!"

"At my house it is!!" The blonde hair pretty friend said.

"Okay, text us all the details. We'll be there!" Yuki said.

The girls stayed until the bell went off for classes, then waved to you and Yuki and head back to their classes. You realised they were from the other section, not your class.

"Yuki how do you know them?"

"We were friends for a very long time. Stayed in the same class until this year. They shuffled us and now I'm in this class."

"Ohhh. Who is the girl with golden blonde hair? They pretty one?"

"That's Hayami," she says with a giggle, "and as her name says, she's unusually pretty."

Did her parents already know how she'd look before naming her?!

"The shorter one is Nyoko, chirpy and energetic as she is, she could be a little annoying too." Yuki says, a hint of annoyance or displeasing in her voice. You couldn't quiet catch what it was.

"Ayako is a reliable friend, even though she shows herself and quite and distant." She smiles as she talks. Probably remembering a fond memory from her past.

You both get back to your seats and soon Yuki is giggling and talking to the person sitting behind her. She doesn't seem nervous or troubled anymore.

Classes start soon, and your mind keeps drifting off to the volleyball court, and the practice today evening and what Yuki had told her.

You wanted to be there for Yuki, because she too was there when you decided to go back to volleyball. And even though she did it unknowingly, she's given you the support you needed most.

A/N
I'm sorry i haven't updated much recently.
Hope y'all like this chapter 💖
Picture credits to the artist.
Do give it a 🌟
~Rose🤍