☾┊x

Song for this chapter:
♪ Walked through hell - Anson Seabra

(y/n)'s pov

When you held the ball, there was a rush of adrenaline. The coarse ball against your hand felt comforting, a feeling that you've been craving for, unknowingly.

Your serve just proved you still haven't forgotten it yet. You look back at your palms, red and burning from the serve.

The thoughts in your head push out any other sound around you. Your hands are shaking, and so are your legs. A sudden wave of weakness pushes in, and you hold on to whatever you could to support yourself.

People you don't know crowd around you. Muffled sounds like 'that was awesome!' 'are you new here?' and 'do you play volleyball' fill around you.

You push through them all, running in the opposite direction, holding your tears in.

Everything in your sight blurs, but you still keep running. You have no sense of direction or time, you just keep moving as you wipe every tear that falls.

You just keep running.......

Throwback

"Jump a little higher!"

"I'm short, this is the most I can go. Besides I'm the manager, not a player." You reply to Kuroo as you slump on the floor tired from all the jumping. "Besides you should be practicing, not me."

You've never as much as tried playing volleyball. It's a lot of work, and you prefer avoiding doing anything that makes you tired.

Volleyball always made you tired. Well until today.

Kuroo scowls at you, and gets back to serving while you sip on water.

"You've got five minutes to rest, and then you learn to serve today, okay?" He says, as hits the ball.

"No!!" Kuroo shoots an annoyed look at you. "Okay fineee, but I decide when I can stop okay?" You give in.

"Cool" he replies and winks.

⭑☾⭑

Kuroo is giving you a piggyback ride, all the way home.

While at practice, you make a fool of yourself, tripping on your own leg as you practice how to serve. Now with a twisted ankle, Kuroo has taken responsibility to get you home.

"And if you feel your sinking, I will jump right over......" You sing your favourite song, 'Cold water', in your loudest voice.

Kuroo sighs and stops. "You know I've got many other ways to stop you from singing. Don't make me do it."

"Oh try me," you laugh, "this twisted leg I got is all because of you. Now bear with the noice I make."

You sure heard his inaudible laugh, and right then you were dropped down.

You almost start yelling, when he puts his arms behind you, and picks you up. Bridal style.

"Okay, but let me make up for forcing you to practice too much?"

Your faces are only inches apart. You hold onto him tighter, and smile. He continues walking, his face looking ahead with a small smile playing on his lips.

When Kuroo does this, you just love him more. He doesn't really make promises like 'I'll get you the moon, if that's what you want' or 'I'll take you around the world'.

But he does those little things that, maybe he doesn't notice, but shows how much he loves you. And it's beyond words. You know it.

⭑☾⭑

All through the walk, you let him carry you, as you stared at him, without uttering a single word.

Once at home, he sets down on the couch in your room. He walks out the room to gets you an ice pack for your leg, and once again walks out.

Wait, why is he so quite? Is he upset? He hasn't spoken since we started walking.

Suddenly you hear the strumming of a few guitar strings from behind you.

"You.... And I.....
We're like fire works in symphonies, exploding in the sky."

Kuroo is singing!! He makes his way to the couch, sits down with the guitar. With his eyes locked in your's he sings,

"With you...... I'm alive....
Like all the missing pieces of my heart they finally collide."

Looking out the window, he continues "So stop time right here in the moonlight, cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes"

He sounds magical. You've never heard him sing so sincerely before, and now that he is, you're lost in his deep voice, in his eyes, in him.

"Without you, I feel broke, like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you I feel torn like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song."

He slowly sets the guitar aside, and then leans in close to you.

"(Y/n), I love you."

And since that moment, playing volleyball was never tiring. It was enjoyable. It was comforting.

A/n
The song Kuroo sings, is 'Sad song' by We The Kings. I've added the YouTube link in the media section.
The song (y/n) loudly sings to annoy Kuroo (xD) is 'Cold Water' by Major Lazer.
All three songs are my favourites 😭❤️
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Do give it a vote of you did!
Take care!!❤️
~Rose🤍