chapter 19

hi, okay so don't get me wrong this wattpad is about a ginny love story but for a while, violetta is going to be with cedric. it's all part of the process, enjoy!

It was spring vacation. I was spending half of the week at Cedric's and the other half at the burrow. I told Ginny I would be at my mom's, which was partially true since I had stayed with her a few nights ago, and now I was at the Diggory's. 

Cedric's dad was very nice, but he was a little awkward when I was around them. I couldn't blame him, Cedric had just brought me to his house when his dad probably wanted to spend time alone with his son. 

Dumbledore had announced before the break that next term in the fall the ladies of Beauxbaton's Academy and the men of Durmstrang Institute would be joining the students of Hogwarts for the Triwizard tournament.

Any student from the three schools 17 or older would be allowed to put their name in the goblet of fire. One student from each school would be selected and would compete in 3 tasks to win the Triwizard Cup. Cedric was one year older than me, and he had decided to enter since he would be 17 by the end of the summer. I didn't want him to get hurt, but I wanted him to be happy and do what he wanted. His dad and I reluctantly approved to let him enter, but I was worried. I couldn't lose another person I loved.

I went to bed in Cedric's arms as he held me close. He smelled like butterbeer and fresh flowers. I would miss this scent. Tomorrow morning I left for the burrow.

I felt drowsy, and slowly fell asleep.

"Come in girls!" 

A brown haired girl sat in the field. She was about the age of 6.  A red-haired girl sat behind her, braiding the brunette hair. 

"Girls?!"

The two little girls ignored the shouts from a tall house in the distance. The sun had almost completely set, as the red head picked small flowers from the ground and placed them in her friend's hair.

"Violetta! Ginevra!"

The two girls ran towards the door, but stopped.

They were now older, looking the same as their present selves.

"Come back Vi. I miss you," Ginny said, reaching for my hand...

I woke up, shaking and crying. I looked around, trying to find Ginny, but I realized I was in Cedric's bed and he had woken up from the noise. 

"Hey, what's wrong? I'm here, don't worry. Just try to go back to bed," he said, pushing the hair away from my sweaty face.

I caught my breath and layed back down. 

"I will always be here Violetta," he whispered under his breath, leaving a kiss on my neck as I fell back into a deep sleep.

"Thank you so much for having me stay, sir, it was lovely."

"Please, call me Amos or Mr. Diggory. It was a pleasure to have you Violetta, you make my son here the happiest man alive!" he chuckled.

I blushed, holding onto my trunk. I shook Mr. Diggory's hand and walked outside with Cedric into his front yard.

"I'll write you before we return to school, okay?" he said.

"I will write back. Goodbye Cedric," I answered, kissing him. I turned to leave and began to walk away when he shouted something.

"I love you, goodbye!" 

I spun around. Was I dreaming again?

"No, I didn't mean... well I do but I didn't want to... oh fuck. I do love you Violetta. I just didn't realize how to tell you." 

"I love you too Ced, but I better get going. Be safe for me."

I apparated to the burrow. I was so worried for how the rest of the week would go. Unless someone had accidentally spilled, the entire family except the twins and Ron thought me and Ginny were together. I couldn't pretend to be her girlfriend. I couldn't even pretend to be her friend. How the hell were we going to pull this off?

I took a deep breath and walked into the burrow, instantly greeted by hugs from the family. 

"Ginny is in her room waiting for you, dear. She must be overjoyed to see you! How was your mothers?"

"It was good, I spent a lot of time with my sisters," I lied. 

"Oh that's just wonderful! You better get up to Ginny. Arthur and I are going to Romania to visit Charlie for the rest of the break. We leave just about now. Fred and George will be in charge, Percy and Bill are traveling with us. Oh, I'm so sorry dear. I wanted to catch up with you terribly!" 

I felt a wave of relief wash upon me. I was beyond happy that the Weasley's wouldn't be there. I loved them, but there was no way I could fake being with Ginny for longer than the rest of the night. 

Everyone came downstairs to hug and kiss part of the family goodbye. When they were long gone, Ginny ran up to our room. Well, I guess it was hers now. I wondered if I was even going to be welcomed. Ron was angry. I had promised him earlier in the year I wouldn't hurt her.

Fred and I never really connected but luckily George had always been like an older brother to me. I sat on the couch next to him.

"Dammit George how do I even talk to her? Everyone hates me, your parents don't even know. I'm never going to be allowed here again if they find out we broke up. Especially if they find out why."

"It's okay little V, but I actually want to talk to you about that. Could you just sort of tell me what happened with Cedric?"

"Well I took him to the yule ball and Ginny took Oliver Wood. We agreed to take other people and then sneak off to meet later in the night. Whatever, that's not the point. Later on, Cedric left me a letter to meet him in the library. So I did, and he told me he fancied me and that he wanted to take me to Hogsmeade sometime. Then he just kissed me. And I kissed back, and then all hell broke loose. George, what the fuck am I going to do?"  I didn't realize how overwhelming this must be for him. I apologized, and he laughed.

"Ginny told us after you two broke up you ended things with Cedric too, is that true?" he asked calmly.

"Well yes, but erm... we got back together and she knows that. I love him, George. But I think I still love her a little bit. I don't know what to do. I can't be just friends with her if I love her, but I can't be anything with her when I cheated on her and she can't stand me," 

"I think you should just talk to her. But don't tell her you still care for her if you really do love Cedric. It will mess everything up again. You seem different from the last time I saw you. Like there is a new light inside of you, a different light from the one you had with Ginny. You really are in love with that Diggory, aren't you?"

"I guess I am," I gushed. 

Talking to George was like talking to the one person I could always trust without them having a biased opinion. I cheated on his sister and he still was friends with me, all calm and collected. 

The rest of the break flew by. When the Weasleys arrived home, Ginny and I told them we had broken up and decided to stay friends instead. They were weary, but let me stay. 

We returned to Hogwarts the next week, slumping away and preparing for our finals as fifth-years. I didn't realize it was only a month before summer vacation. 

I didn't know what was in store for my sixth year but I had a feeling it wouldn't be good.