chapter 30

I woke up in a bedroom. It smelled like the burrow, but it wasn't my room, or Fred and George's or Ron's. 

I got up and walked downstairs. The Weasley family was eating lunch. Lunch?! How long had I been asleep?

"Finally, you woke up! It was too much work to carry you up to yours and Ginny's room so we just put you in Bill's old room," Fred said, taking a bite out of an abnormally large sandwich.

"What was wrong with me?" I asked, taking a seat.

"Mum suspects you might have had scrofungulus, some terrible magic illness from decades ago. It's rare and contagious., but we all got checked this morning and nobody else has it," Ginny added.

"We gave you medicine while you were asleep, you should be feeling better," Ron replied, his mouth stuffed with bread and cheese.

I wonder where I had contracted some old disease? How had Ginny not gotten it? We had kissed, hadn't we? I forgot about it and sat down next to Ginny. 

I'm honestly thankful I had any sort of sickness. Earlier my mind had wandered to the possibility of Cedric's child being in my stomach. Just like we had talked about.

"How's Hermione been, eh Ronnie?" Fred said, pointing his fork at Ron.

"She's been doing just fine," Ron said, his cheeks turning scarlet.

"Ron, you should ask her out sometimes. It seems she fancies you as well," Ginny told him with a smirk.

"I don't think I could ever do that... she's with Cormac McLaggen now," he muttered, suddenly looking a bit angry.

The table was quiet for a bit until regular conversation returned. I was just about to return my plate to the kitchen when what had to be Ginny grabbed my wrist before I could stand up.

She slipped a small piece of paper into my hand under the table. I went to the kitchen and made sure nobody was watching. I unfolded the note, and read it.

We are going somewhere special today. Just you and I.   - G  

I returned my dish and went to get ready. I was finishing getting ready as I slipped on a necklace when I saw Ginny enter from the bathroom.

"Are you ready to go?" she said, grabbing my hand.

"Whenever you are," I said, and we apparated. 

I fell onto soft sand with white and beige tones. It was calm, with rocks in the far distance. The foam of the ocean spread along the surface, as the water in front of me steadied.

"Take my hand!" Ginny yelled over the loud sound of the waves. I grabbed it, and she ran forward, tugging me along. 

She spun me in circles as we both laughed. Seagulls chirped above us, circling the bright blue sky. I felt a rush of cold water against my bare feet and screamed in surprise. 

For hours, we explored around us. Walking along the beach, hand in hand, talking about what lay ahead of us. 

We ate dinner on a small picnic blanket, watching the sunset. She lay down, looking at the sky that had turned an orange-pink as a few stars began to show. I lay next to her.

"It's beautiful out here. What is this place?"

"Whitstable Beach of London. I heard of it in Muggle Studies last week, and thought of you," Ginny said, turning to the side and putting her hand on my cheek.

"Ginny... I don't want us to rush this like we did last time. I want us to take our time. We had been friends for so long it was like nothing was different. I think it was new for us to-"

"Violetta I want you to be my girlfriend again."

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"I want to be able to say you are mine. I don't want this to be some silly hidden fling. I want us to be together officially, I want to have you to myself," she whispered, sitting up. 

"I want you to be mine as well. You have no idea how much I've missed you, and how badly I want us to move past what I did, even if you can't truly forgive me," I answered, sitting up next to her and meeting her lips. 

The smell of salty waters and the cool breeze against my skin. Everything about this moment was perfect. I wanted to be in Ginny's arms forever. 

GINNY'S POV

It was the best I had felt in a long time. I missed everything about her. Her perfect eyes, her soft wavy hair, her smooth skin, her harmonious voice. Everything about Violetta was sheer perfection. 

I had her to myself. For the first time in months, I could finally say the words I had longed for since our breakup.

Violetta Black was my girlfriend again.

VIOLETTA'S POV

Ginny's arms wrapped around my back, as I felt her began to lift up my shirt, exposing my bare stomach. She slowly lifted it over my head and took off her own.

She looked me in the eyes and met my lips once more. We lay back down on the blanket, her hair blowing in the wind.

"I want you to hold me forever," I whispered, our lips not even centimeters apart. 

"I will."

I crept back into the burrow's front door behind Ginny. All the lights were off and the only noise you could hear was the chirp of Pidwidgeon in his cage.

"Grab two of those," Ginny whispered, pointing at leftovers of a homemade pizza. I wondered if the family had missed us while we were gone.

I grabbed the slices and slid them onto a napkin in my hand. I made it a few steps out of the kitchen when the lights flickered on.

"Where in the devil's name have you two been?! You've been gone all day, merlin knows where giving us a fright! We've called just about everyone we know, even the parents of your friends!"

Shit. I now realized that the Weasley's couldn't have missed us at dinner, they didn't even know we were missing it.