chapter 3

"Come on, all the lot of you, we can't miss the train!" Mrs. Weasley shouted.

Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, Mrs. Weasley, and I all hauled our luggage through the busy platform. Hogwarts students from all directions crowded around, saying goodbye to their parents and younger siblings. I stepped onto the train and went to the back, searching for one of the max compartments. Hogwarts had decided to upgrade their train compartments to larger sizes for students fourth year and older. Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Luna, Neville, and I all enjoyed sitting together, snacking on the treats Harry and Ron would buy from the trolly. 

I bought two pumpkin pasties and handed one to Ginny. I watched her smile and take it.

"Thanks," she said, taking a bite. She gazed into my eyes, and I couldn't help but stare back. I broke eye contact over at Harry. There was an expression on his face that made me feel like I had gotten the perfect revenge from the night before. He was jealous.

The train ride got boring quickly. While I was talking to Luna about her run-in with nargles last weekend, Ron interrupted.

"Let's play spin the bottle."

Neville placed a bottle in the center of the table. He spun, and it landed on Hermione.

Hermione quickly pecked him on the lips, and smiled, trying her best to be nice.

Hermione spun the bottle. It landed on Harry. 

Harry looked nervously over at Ginny, who gave a small nod that meant it's okay Harry, it's just a game.

Harry kissed Hermione, and the spinning went on for a bit. A few others like Cedric, Cho, and the twins decided to join. Pumpkin juice was being handed around left and right. Fred and George gave each other a smirk after passing the last few drinks down the table.

It was Ginny's turn. She spun the bottle. It landed on me. 

I stood still for a minute, a little taken aback. It's just a game. It's just a game. It's just a game.

It was a delicate kiss. Her lips were soft, and I flashed back to two nights ago when those same lips touched my cheek. 

Fred looked at George. "Cheers!" 

Harry looked furious. He pulled her away, signaling it had been enough and it was my turn to spin.

I stumbled to the bottle and swirled it around. It landed on Cedric Diggory.

When I was in the third year, I had a huge crush on Cedric. But he was a Hufflepuff, and I was a Slytherin. I eventually forced myself to move on.

This time, whatever Fred and George had put in the drinks just seemed to get stronger. When Cedric's lips touched mine, it was a long kiss. He smelled like honey and butterbeer.

I looked over at George, and he raised an eyebrow at me as if to say, "What's wrong, something in your drink?"

I rolled my eyes and sat down. The game stopped after that. Soon enough, the awkward silence was over when the train arrived at Hogwarts.